FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

I need to setup a corp/llc that will allow me to take in 30

Customer Question

I need to setup a corp/llc that will allow me to take in 30 or so members who will be investing $1000 per month. I want them to be able to share in the profits each month but not be able to make any company decisions. I was told in an LLC I can make then members but my partners and I would be managing members who are the only ones who can make decisions
Category: Business Law
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the information. What is your legal question?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I need to know what type of entity to set up in order to allow these 30 investors ownership of the company profits, but not the ability to make decisions.

Initially I wanted to do this as an investment group but it appears that the legalities of that are quite expensive and time consuming.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

An LLC would give your limited partners the ability to receive income from the partnership and avoid personal liability. As a general partner you could control the day to day activity of the LLC.

You will want to have a partnership agreement carefully spelling out your arrangement.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX I make myself and any other managing partners an "MMBR" and make all investor partners simply "MBR"?

I believe this will allow us to make all financial decisions and control the company while the "MBR"s simply are paid profits based on the agreement we have them sign?
If by MMBR you mean "managing member" and "MBR" you mean member, then that is correct.

I hope that this information has helped you.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please ask for FLAandNYLawyer.

Please CLICK ACCEPT so I can receive credit

Bonus and Positive Feedback = job well done.