I have an apartmernt in Salt Lake City and need to pay a monthly

Customer Question

I have an apartmernt in Salt Lake City and need to pay a monthly condo fee of $105.20. A lete fee is charged if payment is received later than the tenth of the month. I do not want to pay the late fee because I believe that the usual grace period for payments is 30 days. This is a new property menagement company, and new rules apply. I am being charged two late fees, one for October (my payment arrived on Oct.14) and one for November (my payment arrived on No. 10).
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
The late fee would be governed by the hoa rules and if the board voted to impose it after 10 days, it is binding on you. My board, for what its worth imposes it after 14 days and the rule varies from building to building.