socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

What are the legal rules for setting up a private trust company

Customer Question

What are the legal rules for setting up a private trust company in the state on MN
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

This could be the subject of a several thousand page treatise. That said, the rules are found right here:

Seriously, though, the only way to do this and not totally screw it up is to hire a law firm with experience with this exact sort of start up. It will be a large firm and it will be very expensive.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking "Accept", you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

This was great I am a reader and reserach hog. Thank you very much.

I would like to use your input in the future. Todd Grill

You're welcome and good luck. Come back anytime.