Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

I am making an equity purchase of a businesses assets. Id

I am making an equity purchase of a businesses assets. I'd like to limit any liability that I may have to my personal property and savings and split the business into two separate entities. This gets complicated in that I'd also like to incorporate an entirely different separate business at the same time. What is your suggestion for how I should structure the three?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I would consider three separate sub S corporations. This would typically limit liability to the assets of the particular corporation in question and avoid double taxation. Each corporation would be responsible for its own debt. The debt of one corporation could not be assessed against the other or against you personally.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,
FLAandNYLAWYER

Please click ACCEPT so that I can get credit for my work

Bonus and Positive Feedback gratefully accepted!

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE