INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  LICENSED BUSINESS LAWYER
11313492

I have been doing business and buying direct mail through a

Customer Question

I have been doing business and buying direct mail through a third party for the last 18 months. During this time frame they have also sent me and some of my contractors into dealerships around the country representing them. We are no longer doing business together. I never signed a no-compete or confidentiality agreement. Can i buy mail directly through his vendors or contact some of the car dealerships we have been into with no recourse?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 8 years ago.
as you were not an employee and did not sign a non compete you are free to do so.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I have already contacted one of the vendors. The owner of the third party has contacted me and threatened a lawsuit. I am just trying to make sure there wont be any legal ramifications.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

It cannot prevent you if you are not an employee and did not sign a non compete. If you took customer lists, that would be a different matter.