I am an SEO company and have helped a client get to the top

I am an SEO company and have helped a client get to the top of google for their industry. I have a verbal contract that has been acknowledged by the customer where it was stated that the customer would give a 60 day notice should they wish to quit services. After getting this client to the top, they have quit services without notice. Can a temporary injunction be enforced on SEO work provided pending a hearing due to the fact that the contract was not honored. And do I have a case with a verbal contract that was acknowledged in writing via email?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
what state are you in?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am in the State of Tennessee and the client is in the State of Michigan.
I am afraid that that both sides would be bound by the written contract and if the contract requires no such 60 day notice, oral agreement to that effect is not binding.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

There is not written contract for this work. Everything was verbal, but I do have emails where this client acknowledge this conversation. Here is one of the acknowledgements.

"Everything you done for me was paid. Actually - pre-paid. 60 days
promise was for ending the process, not taking a break. There is
nothing I can do to change the fact that I'm short on money this month
and can not write a check."

He has given notice since this email due to the fact that I would not commit to the following terms that he attempted to change in mid process of our agreement.

This was the first email to try to re-nogiate after the fact:

"on Thanksgiving somebody maid a large purchase that changed my November numbers. I can afford some SEO work done in December. I'm open to start a discussion with you and create a set of signed rules if we ever come to agreement to continue work."

However, he wants to change the terms to the following per this email he sent.

1. By all means help reinstate 2 of the satellite websites you made for me. Websites are hosted on my own hosting and you shall provide all data, styles sheets, etc, to bring it back to its original state. 2. Provide entire complete code for a website related to "church banners". Website will be hosted on my hosting and you shall provide all data, styles sheets, etc to make it live. Website shall contain minimum of four 600 word pages. All website's texts shall be unique, original and SEO optimized. 3. Provide 15 to 20 articles with all SEO tags for the stock banners. 4. Sign 2 year non-compete agreement I will mail you and mail it back to me. 5. Sign 5 year non-disclosure agreement I will mail you and mail it back to me.

He wants to re-negotiate on a contract work basis on his terms, and mu contention is that he honors his 60 days agreed notice prior to any re-negotians taking place.

There is no original contract for this work for him.

E-mails can be used to show the terms of the contract and the 60 day notice can only be enforced if agreed to in the e-mails.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is that excerpt sent to you, enough to enforce this. It clearly states he acknowledges the 60 days in that email, making it evident that the 60 days notice did clearly take place in a prior conversation and was agreed to by him?
If it is in the e-mail, you can hold him to it and seek to enforce it.