N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

I was prevented from gaining physical access to my

I was prevented from gaining physical access to my business which is a limited company,my ex partner made false allegations against me. In the period of the undertakings my ex partner took advantage of my absence by changing accountants closing bank accounts stop paying the lease then entered into a new agreement with the landlords, resigned as a director and started sole trading. The assests that my ex partner aquired does not match her declared salary and NI contributions. How do I get back my business?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 years ago.
It sounds like your partner misappropriated partnership assets and interfered with your prospective economic advantages and opportunities. You probably have to sue her to reclaim your share of the partnership assets and also sue for an accounting and for the sums founds due after an accounting.
You need to contact an attorney in your State to deal with this.
You can go to http://lawyers.nolo.com/index.cfm and click on business law, then search by state and county.

http://lawyers.justia.com/practice/business-law/ also has a directory of business law attorneys that can be searched by location.

I don't see how you can reclaim your business without hiring an attorney to pursue your claims. Sorry I cannot do much for you from here, but I hope the above information is helpful.