skelly151, Attorney
Experience:  JD 20 years legal experience and 3 business related trials, licensed in OH, DC CA

I own a resturant next to a motel, we have a common ...

I own a resturant next to a motel, we have a common driveway that has been used by both properties for 50 years. He now put a fence on the property line, can he do this? Isn''t there a law on property lines or intimate domain ?. We will loose our business
Category: Business Law
Expert:  skelly151 replied 8 years ago.
The claim that you have and can enforce in court is adverse possession. You have openly used that parking lot for the requisite time and he cannot now fence it off from your business. You will need a lawyer to enforce your rights so look for one that specializes in real estate disputes. You can find one on Martindale Hubbell which is a listing of high quality lawyers in every speciality.