rvlaw, Attorney
Experience:  NYC Trial Attorney 30+ years; Law professor ; BUSINESS LAW; CONTRACTS; TORTS; Arbitrator

I entered into a promoters agreement where a local radio ...

I entered into a promoters agreement where a local radio station would be the exclusive advertiser for a concert. In a market where the last minute ticket buyer is essential, the radio station DJ trashed the artist of the concert; on-air hours before the concert. He was in error for the reason he trashed the artist. I am claiming that this cost me ticket sales; I am claiming that I could not have bought the air time that the DJ used.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

Hi and welcome,

Contracts such as the one you describe have at least an implicit, if not explicit, duty of both parties to act in good faith. The DJ clearly violated that duty. The next issue is proving damages. You would have to get an expert in the business to verify your claim that the last few days affect sales. And I would strongly recommend having a lawyer.