Justin_Lawyer
Justin_Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  J.D., Columbia Law School; experience in corporate, IP, immigration and general legal fields
9586049

Use of the Public restaurant information

Customer Question

Can i gather the public restaurant ''s information like name, address and logo and display it in my business website which aim to help user to search restaurant without their approval?

I live in Los Angeles
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Justin_Lawyer replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

You can place a restaurant's name and address on your website without the restaurant's approval. Usage of a restaurant's logo without its permission, however, could in many instances infringe trademark laws. You should not use any restaurant's logo without permission (in writing) of the owner of the trademark (presumably the restaurant's owner).

_______________________________________
I hope this was helpful to you. If you were satisfied, please remember to ACCEPT the answer. If you have any more questions, please feel free to respond to this answer. Bonuses and positive feedback are very much appreciated. My answer is not legal advice. This forum is only designed to give you a basis of knowledge. I am not your attorney. You should consult with legal counsel in your state for specific information relevant to your situation.