N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

I believe my former spouse (KT) has 6 figures worth of

I believe my former spouse (KT) has 6 figures worth of assets that he omitted during our divorce proceedings. His former partner discovered dishonestly with his dealings with him as well and alerted me that he believes KT was funneling our joint assets into the Cayman Islands. KT is refusing to show me his tax returns from 2003-2007 even though my MSA says I have a right to them. My question is this: Could I alert the IRS to his possible tax fraud? I've talked to attys about getting a Cayman Island Atty but the cost would be atronomical. I'm thinking "why not get the IRS to help since it's there money too". His 2002 tax returns claim no "overseas interests" and this is the year his business partness thinks he set up the account(s) there.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 years ago.
What State is the divorce case filed in?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to N Cal Attorney's Post: California
I don't know what MSA stands for but you could do a notice to produce the tax returns. And bank records,
Do you have an attorney representing you in this?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to N Cal Attorney's Post: MSA: Marriage Settlement Agreement. I am still shopping around for an atty. I live in El Dorado Hills, CA. My divorce took place in San Diego. I had a great atty down there but am having difficulty finding someone I want to work with up here.
http://lawyers.nolo.com/searchresults.cfm?LocationID=30&specialtyID=6&loc=SACRAMENTO%2C%20California&spec=Family%20Law&zid=2 is a directory of family law attorneys in Sacramento, which is fairly close to you.

I'd call some of the lawyers on that page and try to find someone to work with.