Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
Experience:  Atty since 1986. Real estate, tax, and other business law questions

my daughter is a manager in a bank. the bank was short a ...

Customer Question

my daughter is a manager in a bank. the bank was short a small amount of money and could not be found in the paperwork. because she was the supervisor that day she is being accused of the money missing even though there is no indication she had anything to do with it, but she was the manager in charge at the time. Now she is not permitted on the premises until they decide what has happened. there were six other people working at the time and she is the last likely of all the people to take anything (in a financial point of view) no one else is even being questioned. What stand does she have in being treated this way. please be assured she is absolutely 100 percent innocent of any mishap and does not understand this treatment.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am looking forward to assisting you.

While we write back and forth, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

This is a common method for employers to use. They want the employees to feel comfortable to talk, which they usually don't if a supervisor is around.

The employer may also feel that, as a manager, your daughter is responsible for the actions of her employees even if she didn't take any money herself.

I'd be happy to respond if you have follow-up questions. If not, please click ACCEPT or I will not get paid for helping you.

We can still write after you pay. Feedback and Bonuses are gratefully appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using Just Answer, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and me or my law firm. Our conversation may show up on an Internet search. Contact the moderator or me to make sure personal information is removed if that is a concern.

Jane Doe Deer