Marcus Parker
Marcus Parker, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in corporations, LLC, partnerships, etc., formation and operation
10535633

I am a co-owner of a corp with my husband. In March of 1995 ...

I am a co-owner of a corp with my husband. In March of 1995 we signed papers for a line of credit for this business. I have the papers with both of our signatures on it. I have been transferring money from this account since 1995. Now when I call to transfer money they won''t do it without my husband getting on the phone. Do I have grounds for legal action. This feels discriminatory-that somehow the man is more credible than the woman.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Marcus Parker replied 8 years ago.
Next time, have your husband call to transfer money. If they fail to ask that you get on the phone, you have evidence, of sorts, that they are discriminating against you. Confront them with this and see what they have to say about it.