All Business
All Business, Attorney
Experience:  27 years of business experience with accounting and law degrees

I was asked to leave a restaurant after an admittedly ...

I was asked to leave a restaurant after an admittedly stupid verbal confrontation with the General Manager (not in front of any customers, with one staff member witness). I have since submitted a written apology. Is the General Manager within his rights to deny me future service at the establishment, with the understanding that there will be no other confrontations?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  All Business replied 8 years ago.

thank you for your question.

yes, it is a private establishment and they have the right to deny you access or services.

unless someone is acting in a way that is discriminatory based upon the various protected classes (i.e. race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, etc.), they are in within their rights to take certain positions. that is, people can be excluded because they are deemed rude or because someone just doesn't like them.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. In addition, if you feel it warranted, please consider a Bonus and Positive Feedback. Thank you.