Guru_Guy
Guru_Guy, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer with years experience
1987257

If I as emloyer offer health insurance to my emloyee but he ...

If I as emloyer offer health insurance to my emloyee but he turns it down does he later have the right to ask for the amount I would have spent given to him in his payroll.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Guru_Guy replied 8 years ago.

If an employee declines to take health insurance, there is no obligation to provide additional money in lieu of the insurance. In fact, many employers are reluctant to do this since offering cash for those who do not take health insurance may make the health insurance costs taxable to all the employees.

I hope this helps!

___________________

Please keep in mind that information in this forum is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and does not constitute creation of an attorney client relationship. Before acting on any such information, you are always advised to consult with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction who can take the time to review all the facts and laws relevant to your situation.