Marcus Parker
Marcus Parker, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in corporations, LLC, partnerships, etc., formation and operation

A married couple Quitdeeds their restaurant in exchange for ...

Customer Question

A married couple Quitdeeds their restaurant in exchange for an interest in an LLC however, exactly one month to the quitdeed the resaurant burns to the ground and takes out the apartments next door via the tree on their property-the fire is still under investigation however, it was ruled not accidental or natural-who is responsible? In other words who does one go after to recoup thier losses? Especialy if one does not have renter''s ins.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Marcus Parker replied 6 years ago.
Who is the "one" seeking to recoup losses? The "married couple:?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am-however, I am at a cross road with the insurance company
It appears that you no longer have an interest in the restaurant, having traded it for interest in the LLC. So are you affected by the fire?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK from the beginning-I was the one who lost the contents of my apartment to this restaurant fire-I had no renters insurance-the owners of this restaurant quitdeeded it to Echo Holdings LLC in exchange for interest in Echo Holding a month before their fire-the fire went from the restaurant to a tree on their property up into the limbs and branches which over hung and then onto the roof of our building-doing severe damage to my apartment. I submitted my claim with the owners insurance company (because I have no attorney-no one sees it profitable)and I have proved everything-however, the insurance co. still will not budge-eventhough his business was an LLC is he still not responsible for his property causing damage to mine? This is not his first business fire (actually second one in less than two years). Like I said I provided the insurance co. with ample proof that his tree caused our fire and so did the fire report.
The owner of the policy was the former owner of the restaurant or the LLC? If there is a question over the ownership of the restaurant, you would file suit against both the individual and the LLC, and let them sort it out.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I go about finding out who Echo Holdings LLC is? I know the owner's name is XXXXX XXXXX policy but the insurance company says I need to prove him negligent since the fire source was never found but the fire dept. deemed it not natural and not accidential.
Most states now have this information online. It is typically under the Secretary of Commerce or Secretary of Corporations, or a similar title. Which state is it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to XXXXX XXXXX's Post: Washington State
ECHO HOLDINGS, LLC
UBI Number602446838
CategoryLimited Liability Regular
Profit/NonprofitProfit
Active/InactiveActive
State of IncorporationWA
Date of Incorporation11/16/2004
License Expiration Date11/30/2008
Registered Agent Information
Agent NameJEFFERS DANIELSON SONN & AYLWARD PS
Address2600 CHESTER KIMM RD
CityWENATCHEE
StateWA
ZIP988071688
http://www.secstate.wa.gov/corps/search_results.aspx?search_type=simple&criteria=all&name_type=starts_with&name=Echo+Holdings+LLC+&ubi=