Legal Beagle
Legal Beagle, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in business formation, owner of law firm.

I sold furniture to a customer and delvered and installed ...

I sold furniture to a customer and delvered and installed the furniture with the agreement he would pay me $250 each friday for 6 weeks. He has not returned 6 phone calls, 2 text messages, and an email in over 3 weeks. I assume he is skipping out on payment of the $1750 he owes for services and merchandise. I also took pictures of the funrniture in his house as proof. What are my rights? What should I do?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Legal Beagle replied 8 years ago.

Since he is obviously refusing to pay you, you need to immediately file suit. You can file this in small claims court yourself. The clerk has the forms. Once suit is filed, he will be forced to pay up. If he doesn't, you can then garnish his wages, among a number of other legal remedies.

Hope this helps. Don't forget to click ACCEPT so I may be compensated for my time!