Legal Eagle Esq.
Legal Eagle Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Business / Corporate / Real Estate

I have a corporation doing business under another name. I ...

I have a corporation doing business under another name. I would like to add another DBA? How many DBA's is a corporation allowed to have?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle Esq. replied 8 years ago.
There is no limited to the amount of DBAs a single corporation can have. Although practically speaking, it would get costly to have more than a few DBA since it costs money to print the DBA announcements throughout the general areas the corporation expects to do business under the DBAs.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to M.A. Torres's Post: If one does business throughout the U.S. do you have do DBA announcements in every state?

In most situations, DBAs are filed at the state level (and sometimes at the county and city levels) where the principal business address of the business is actually located. A DBA should be filed in the state and/or county where you are conducting business under the name itself. Some jurisdictions also require you publish the filing of your DBA publicly or with city or town clerks.

The requirements vary from state to state and county to county - and sometimes city to city.

Also- its important to know that if you are receiving checks made out to various DBA's you will have to make bank arrangements to deposit the checks for each different DBA you are doing business under.