rvlaw
rvlaw, Attorney
Experience:  NYC Trial Attorney 30+ years; Law professor ; BUSINESS LAW; CONTRACTS; TORTS; Arbitrator
3071004

I am selling all rights to a software package I created. Is ...

Customer Question

I am selling all rights to a software package I created. Is someone willing to review the legal purchase agreement drafted by the buyer (4 pages) and help review a short exclusion clause I am adding to ensure they can''t claim rights to anything else than that specific software?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.

Hi Fit,

Administration will contact you with the procedure we use here to get a dcoument to me for review.

rich

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
OK. Can I give you confidential details now in preparation for your review of the document or should I wait?
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.

Admin is in the process of contacting you now

rich

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I raised the price as requested. I haven't heard back. Are you willing to do the review?
Thanks.
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.

Yes Didn't Lori tell you where to send it?

Rich

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Nope
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.

Another moderator is on it sorry for the delay red tape :-(

rich

Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.

Got it....will review and get it back to you

rich

Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.

I have reviewed the contract. I am not comfortable modifying this. I am of the firm belief that you need an expert in internet law who can open a dialogue with you as the agreeement is worked on...I would be doing you a disservice by modifying it myself from the internet law issue as well as the standpoint that this needs a sit down meeting as opposed to an online one time review.

I will get you a link to a directory we lawyers use to find highly qualified legal specialists in various fields at locations world wide. These lawyers are in the directory because they were rated as qualified by other lawyers in their field of expertise and geographic area.

Rich