rvlaw, Attorney
Experience:  NYC Trial Attorney 30+ years; Law professor ; BUSINESS LAW; CONTRACTS; TORTS; Arbitrator

I am in the process of being sued over a home ...

Customer Question

I am in the process of being sued over a home inspection I performed for a customer in May 14, 2007. They did not purchase the home until July 6, 2007. Eight months later this customer contacted me claiming his roof was leaking and demaded I pay for a new roof. He refused to let me reinspect the property, or allow a licensed roofer to inspect the problem. He contacted the Attorney General''s Office about the issue, and it was dismissed. Now he has hired an attorney to formally sue me. What are my options?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

His claim is clearly absurd. Your decision MUST BE AN ECONOMICAL/BUSINESS one. I suggest you not take it personally. Weigh the cost of retaining an attorney (which you should) vs. negotiating a settlement IF POSSIBLE. If that isn't possible, let him prove his case and you defend the claim.

If you give me your state and nearest large city, I will get you a link to a directory we lawyers use to find highly qualified legal specialists in various fields at locations world wide. These lawyers are in the directory because they were rated as qualified by other lawyers in their field of expertise and geographic area.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I live in Columbus, Ohio 43209
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your advice. This has really been a thorn in my side since January. I appreciate your help.

Thank You,

Don Yates
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.
My pleasure