rvlaw, Attorney
Experience:  NYC Trial Attorney 30+ years; Law professor ; BUSINESS LAW; CONTRACTS; TORTS; Arbitrator

which ist it-cease and assist/desisist to discontinue ...

which ist it-cease and assist/desisist to discontinue home joint business operations? I am the legal owner of my home and my estranged wife has a home child care business. I requested that this business be moved to another location not connected to my home to to liabilities that i may encounter.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

It is cease and desist. Hand deliver a formal notice and mail a copy as well. If she doesn't comply with your requests, you can bring a lawsuit to force her out. Depending on the circumstances that have resulted in her continued presence (how you were estranged, where she now lives, for how long, etc.) you might be able to do it more simply and inexpensively by a notice to vacate and eviction proceedings if she stays.