Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Attorney
Experience:  Worked in corporation's law department; business formations, formalities, and other business matters
2911261

I have 20 questions in Business Law 2 for you to give to ...

I have 20 questions in Business Law 2 for you to give to Jane T. She helped me the last Time. I am still waiting to hear from justanswer as to when I can post my questions for Jane T. Please advise.   Thanks!!!!
Category: Business Law
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 6 years ago.
If you know what Jane T's online name is XXXXX XXXXX forward this to her. If not, I am here to help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not know what Jane T name is. All I know is Jane T. I am going to forward the question for you to give to Jane T.
1. Jack works at a local bottling plant in his hometown. One week, Jack’s supervisor informs him that he’ll have to work 10-hour shifts for the next 10 days, and that he’ll receive no overtime compensation for this work. This situation most likely violates which one of the following laws?
A. National Labor Relations Act of 1935
B. Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938
C. Labor-Management Relations Act of 1947
D. Norris-LaGuardia Act

2. Leslie works as a secretary for a large corporation. Her boss repeatedly makes sexual advances towards her, which she repeatedly refuses. After six months of her refusing the sexual advances, Leslie’s boss fires her with no explanation. Under Title VII, which of the following is true about this set of facts.
A. Leslie may seek damages, reinstatement, and back pay.
B. Leslie may seek only compensatory damages.
C. Leslie may seek only compensatory and punitive damages.

3. Billy works as a freelance writer for Big Books. Billy works in his own home, and has very little contact with Big Books, except to receive and return writing projects. Which of the following is true about this set of facts?
A. Billy is an employee and agent of Big Books.
B. Billy is a fiduciary to Big Books.
C. Billy is neither an employee not an independent contractor for Big Books.
D. Billy is an independent contractor for Big Books.

4. Neal appoints Alfonso as his agent to attend to his business affairs while Neal is honey-mooning in the South of France. Four weeks later, Neal returns. Therefore, the agency is terminated.
A. due to the occurrence of a specific event.
B. due to lapse of time.
C. due to the fact that the purpose was achieved.
D. because of changed circumstances.

5. Norma has worked for Big Factory loyally for 15 years, never missed a day of work, and has always been an excellent worker. One day, without warning, Norma’s supervisor tells her that she’s being fired. The supervisor offers no explanation. Norma knows of no reason for the termination. Which of the following is true about this set of facts?
A. Norma may file a bad faith action against her employer.
B. Norma may file a bad faith action against her supervisor.
C. As long as the reasons were nondiscriminatory. Norma can do nothing.
D. Even if the reasons were discriminatory, Norma can do nothing.

6. Carter wants to impress his boss Marco. Carter approaches a potential client of Marco’s and spends hours negotiating a contract on Marco’s behalf with the client. Finally, the client agrees and signs the contract. However, Marco knew nothing about Carter’s negotiations, and Carter lacked the authority to perform such actions on Marco’s behalf. When Marco found out, he was so pleased about the contract that he overlooked Carter’s actions and told Carter he did an excellent job landing the client. An agency by _____ has been formed.
A. estoppel               C. agreement
B. operation of law          D. ratification

7. Richard is a real estate agent who has contracted to sell real estate on Eddie’s behalf.
Richard meets with Tammy, and explains he’s a real estate agent showing the property for the owner. Tammy never meets with Eddie. Which one of the following is true about this set of facts?
A. Richard may be held liable for any representations made to Tammy, but Eddie may not be held liable.
B. Neither Richard nor Eddie may be held liable for any representations made to Tammy.
C. Eddie may be held liable for representations made to Tammy, but Richard may not be held liable.
D. Both Richard and Eddie may be held liable for representations made to Tammy regarding the property.

8. Lyle slips and falls while on the job at Big Factory.   Big Factory tells Lyle that it was his own fault that he fell, and then fires him. Big Factory takes no further action regarding the fall, Big Factory
A. acted lawfully in discharging Lyle.
B. likely violated the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
C. likely violated the Occupational Safety and Health Act and workers’ compensation laws.
D. likely violated the Fair Labor Standards Act and the National Labor Relations Act.

9. Sid contracts with Ed to act as Ed’s agent in handling Ed’s business affairs. Sid owes Ed the duty
A. to use reasonable diligence and skill in performing the work.
B. of compensation
C. of cooperation
D. of indemnification

10. Ethan formed an agreement with Teresa in which Teresa agreed to serve as Ethan’s agent in carrying out his business affairs. Two weeks after the agency was formed, Ethan was sent to an institution because of a mental breakdown. The agency should be terminated due to
A. mutual agreement.     C. lapse of time.
B. occurrence of a specific event.     D. operation of law

11. Bud takes a job at a local restaurant washing dishes. Bud is paid $4.50 per hour and works approximately five hours per week. Which of the following laws might this situation violate?
A. Labor-Management Relations Act of 1947
B. Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938
C. National Labor Relations Act of 1935
D. Norris-LaGuardia Act

12. Millicent files suit under Title VII, alleging racial discrimination served as the reason for her termination from her job. Millicent’s employer was a small company with 45 employees. The jury found for Millicent, but also found that the discrimination was unintentional and without malice or reckless indifference. Which of the following may Millicent recover?
A. Reinstatement and back pay     C. Punitive damages
B. Compensatory damages     D. Damages of $100,000

13. Steve is Jason’s agent, and it’s within Steve’s authority as Jason’s agent to purchase homes on Jason’s behalf. Steve contracts with Albert to buy house for Jason. However, Steve doesn’t tell Albert he’s buying the house on Jason’s behalf, or that he’s acting for another individual at all. Under the terms of the contract, which of the following is true about this set of facts?
A. Only Steve can be held liable.
B. Only Jason can be held liable.
C. Neither Steve nor Jason can be held liable.
D. Both Steve and Jason can be held liable.

14. Sally works for XYZ Factory. Sally tries to motivate her co-workers into voting for a union at XYZ Factory. When management learns of Sally’s actions. Sally is fired. Sally’s termination likely violates which of the following laws?
B... Norris-LaGuardia Act
C. Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938
D. National Labor Relations Act of 1935

15. Wesley agrees to serve as Stephanie’s agent in carrying out Stephanie’s business affairs. Stephanie owes to Wesley the duty of
A. accounting               C. notification
B. indemnification          D. performance

16. Kallie works at Crazy Bob’s Restaurant as a waitress. One day, Crazy Bob comes into the restaurant, looks at Kallie’s shoes, and tells her she’s fired. Kallie likely has
A. no recourse as long as she wasn’t fired for a discriminatory reason.
B. a good chance to win a lawsuit against Bob based upon discrimination under Title VII.
C. a good chance to win a lawsuit against Bob based upon violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
D. no recourse, even if she was fired for a discriminatory purpose.

17. Shannon was working at her job as a cafeteria worker when she slipped and fell on a wet portion of the floor. This set of facts triggers which one of the following?
A. Workers’ compensation laws only
B. Occupational Safety and Health Act only
C. Both workers’ compensation laws and the Occupational Safety and Health Act
D. Neither workers’ compensation laws and the Occupational Safety and Health Act

18. Which of the following is true regarding the distinction between employees and independent contractors?
A. Independent contractors are always agents as well as independent contractors, and employees aren’t.
B. Independent contractors don’t have to answer to the employer, and employees do.
C. Employees are covered by workers’ compensation laws, and independent contractors aren’t.
D. Employees are never agents of the employers, while independent contractors are always agents of the employer.

19. Camilla came to Charles’ office to discuss a business deal. Charles had to leave on urgent business, but brought Elizabeth in and told Camilla, “Elizabeth will be glad to handle this for you. She can take care of everything.” Camilla and Elizabeth entered a contract. An agency relationship exists on the basis of agency by
A. operation of law          C. agreement
B. ratification          D. estoppel

20. Anthony, acting as Nick’s agent, meets with Victoria to discuss a business proposition. Anthony intentionally makes a misrepresentation to Victoria regarding a critical factor concerning the deal. Which of the following is true about this set of facts?
A. Only Anthony may be held liable on a tort theory for the misrepresentation.
B. Only Nick may be held liable on a tort theory for the misrepresentation.
C. Both Nick and Anthony may be held liable on a tort theory for the misrepresentation.
D. Neither Nick nor Anthony may be held liable on a tort theory for the misrepresentation.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I e-mailed the questions to justanswer for you to forward the questions to Jane T, but have have not hear from you. Please advise if I need to send the Business Law questions back to you again.   Thank you
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 6 years ago.

DearCustomer

Hi, you had it write, my screen name and expert name are Jane T. I did not log in till late today, but here I am and hope these answers will help you.

1. Jack works at a local bottling plant in his hometown. One week, Jack's supervisor informs him that he'll have to work 10-hour shifts for the next 10 days, and that he'll receive no overtime compensation for this work. This situation most likely violates which one of the following laws?

B. Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938

2. Leslie works as a secretary for a large corporation. Her boss repeatedly makes sexual advances towards her, which she repeatedly refuses. After six months of her refusing the sexual advances, Leslie's boss fires her with no explanation. Under Title VII, which of the following is true about this set of facts.

5. Norma has worked for Big Factory loyally for 15 years, never missed a day of work, and has always been an excellent worker. One day, without warning, Norma's supervisor tells her that she's being fired. The supervisor offers no explanation. Norma knows of no reason for the termination. Which of the following is true about this set of facts?

6. Carter wants to impress his boss Marco. Carter approaches a potential client of Marco's and spends hours negotiating a contract on Marco's behalf with the client. Finally, the client agrees and signs the contract. However, Marco knew nothing about Carter's negotiations, and Carter lacked the authority to perform such actions on Marco's behalf. When Marco found out, he was so pleased about the contract that he overlooked Carter's actions and told Carter he did an excellent job landing the client. An agency by _____ has been formed.

D. ratification

7. Richard is a real estate agent who has contracted to sell real estate on Eddie's behalf.
Richard meets with Tammy, and explains he's a real estate agent showing the property for the owner. Tammy never meets with Eddie. Which one of the following is true about this set of facts?

8. Lyle slips and falls while on the job at Big Factory. Big Factory tells Lyle that it was his own fault that he fell, and then fires him. Big Factory takes no further action regarding the fall, Big Factory

C. likely violated the Occupational Safety and Health Act and workers' compensation laws.

9. Sid contracts with Ed to act as Ed's agent in handling Ed's business affairs. Sid owes Ed the duty

10. Ethan formed an agreement with Teresa in which Teresa agreed to serve as Ethan's agent in carrying out his business affairs. Two weeks after the agency was formed, Ethan was sent to an institution because of a mental breakdown. The agency should be terminated due to

D. operation of law

B. Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938

12. Millicent files suit under Title VII, alleging racial discrimination served as the reason for her termination from her job. Millicent's employer was a small company with 45 employees. The jury found for Millicent, but also found that the discrimination was unintentional and without malice or reckless indifference. Which of the following may Millicent recover?

B. Compensatory damages

13. Steve is Jason's agent, and it's within Steve's authority as Jason's agent to purchase homes on Jason's behalf. Steve contracts with Albert to buy house for Jason. However, Steve doesn't tell Albert he's buying the house on Jason's behalf, or that he's acting for another individual at all. Under the terms of the contract, which of the following is true about this set of facts?

14. Sally works for XYZ Factory. Sally tries to motivate her co-workers into voting for a union at XYZ Factory. When management learns of Sally's actions. Sally is fired. Sally's termination likely violates which of the following laws?

D. National Labor Relations Act of 1935

15. Wesley agrees to serve as Stephanie's agent in carrying out Stephanie's business affairs. Stephanie owes to Wesley the duty of

B. indemnification

16. Kallie works at Crazy Bob's Restaurant as a waitress. One day, Crazy Bob comes into the restaurant, looks at Kallie's shoes, and tells her she's fired. Kallie likely has

A. no recourse as long as she wasn't fired for a discriminatory reason.

C. Both workers' compensation laws and the Occupational Safety and Health Act

C. Employees are covered by workers' compensation laws, and independent contractors aren't.

19. Camilla came to Charles' office to discuss a business deal. Charles had to leave on urgent business, but brought Elizabeth in and told Camilla, "Elizabeth will be glad to handle this for you. She can take care of everything." Camilla and Elizabeth entered a contract. An agency relationship exists on the basis of agency by

C. agreement

20. Anthony, acting as Nick's agent, meets with Victoria to discuss a business proposition. Anthony intentionally makes a misrepresentation to Victoria regarding a critical factor concerning the deal. Which of the following is true about this set of facts?

Jane T (LLC), Attorney
Experience: Worked in corporation's law department; business formations, formalities, and other business matters
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How sure of these answers. I hope at least 90%. I do appreicate your answers. Please let me know. I am accepting your answers.