Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

Is there a way to get money back that was stolen

Customer Question

My friend owns a company worth quite a bit of money he recently has taken ill and had to have surgery in the mean time he gave power of attorney to his CFO & his corporate attorney & to make a long story short they took over 170 million and opened a bank account in the Cayman Islands..Will he be able to recover any of his money back?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for writing to me. I will need just a little bit more information before I can respond:

Has your friend filed a lawsuit yet? Has he contacted the FBI? Those are the two things he needs to do right away, of course. This is a crime.

I'll look forward to your response!

BTW, sometimes there can be a delay of many hours before I can get back to you. Be patient; I won't forget you, and I can usually respond within no more than 8 hours.