Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

refuse to take payment after first payment was taken.

Customer Question

I AM A TRUCKING COMPANY WITH LEASE ON CONTRACTORS. I MYSELF HAS A SEPARATE FUEL ACCOUNT AND HAD DRIVERS LEASE ON TO ME WITH THERE SEPARATE ACCOUNTS AT THE SAME STORE. IT STATES IN THE LEASE AGREEMENT THAT I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THERE DEBTS. I ATTEMPED TO PAY TO MY FUEL BILL ON MY TRUCKS WITH THE FIRST CHECK OF FIVE THOUSAND AND HE TOOK THE PAYMENT, THEN ON THE SECOND PAYMENT OF TWENTYFIVE HUNDRED HE REFUSE TO TAKE IT, BECAUSE OF THE OTHER OWNER CONTRACTORS HAS NOT PAID THERE BILLS AND I STATED THAT I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THERE DEBTS. HE THEN THREW THE CHECK BACK AS SAID THAT HE WILL SUE ME!
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Anne_C replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer

Could you provide a little clarification, please?

1. Do you have a personal or business account with the fuel supplier?
  2. Do your subcontractors have their own personal accounts with the fuel supplier, or is it a subaccount of your personal or business account?
  3. Do you have a written agreement with the fuel supplier that states you are guaranteeing the fuel purchases of your subcontractors?
  4. Was the fuel supplier a signatory to the agreement between you and your subcontractors? If not, did you tell the fuel supplier at any time you were not guaranteeing anyone else's fuel purchases?