The claimants in a defamation case are individuals. You could sue for defamation and get an injunction if you feel you qualify.....
Here is the law on defamation:
1. The slander (oral defamation) or libel (written defamation) must be false. NOTE THAT IF YOU BRING A LAWSUIT...TRUTH OF THE STATEMENTS IS A DEFENSE THAT CAN BE USED BY THE DEFENDANT. 2. The false statements must cause you PROVABLE MONETARY DAMAGES...not hurt feelings but actual monetary damages that a jury can award you money for. For instance, you must prove that as a result of statements made, you were fired from a job, or were prevented from getting a job, lost a business deal. etc.
Slander or libel suits do NOT, however, require proof of these 'special' damages if the statements are defamatory ON THEIR FACE, that is, they FALSELY allege that a person:
1. Committed a crime.
2. Has a loathesome disease.
3. Is guilty of sexual misconduct. or
4. Is incompetent in business.
You will have to hire an attorney to bring a defamation of character lawsuit as a practical matter.
This is information only, NOT legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been created. Consult an attorney in your state for legal advice regarding your issue.
Sorry. We aren't permitted. How else can I help?
I can only get you to directory we lawyers use to find highly qualified attorneys in your area to consult and retain. We cannot be retained outside of this site. That's not what we do. Sorry. If you want the link, tell me the nearest large-ish city to you.
BTW it's CEASE AND DESIST
Yes. I will write it. Please give me the details . Be very specific as to what was said, dates and times, by whom, how often, etc.
OK.. I will be away from the site for a couple of hours but will address this as soon as I return
To: XXXXX XXXXX company, server, host:
I am the ___________of T______L________R____, LLC. It has come to our attention that you, your agents, employees, contractors, and/or others under your direction or control have engaged in the following, orally and/or in writing:
1. Unauthorized use of our name or form(s) thereof and/or those of our affiliates: a
and that you have made unauthorized and/or defamatory comments thereon.
2. Advertising, misrepresenting, duplication and/or unauthorized use in multiple forms and modes of communication of our products.
3. The making of death threats or other threats of harm directed at our employees causing them to leave our employ.
4. The making, transmitting and/or other issuance of defamatory statements concerning our products.
5. Inaccurately stating or writing that we are involved in one or more lawsuits which allege improper business practices.
Please be advised that if you fail to cease and desist engagement in this conduct, we will avail ourselves of all remedies at law and equity.
a, b and c are the names of your affiliates.
Nice website BTW.
Anytime you come back, start off the question with:
THIS IS FOR RVLAW. It will get to me only. Or there is a place to request a particular expert.
Anytime Your site was so great I called customer service just to see what it was like since the site was so interesting.
Much earlier. got the machine. \
If you were an expert we could communicate easily. I thought there was an indication you had "posted in front of me" and that usually refers to another expert.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).