Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

My Football orginization,a non profit, did not ...

Customer Question

My Football orginization,a non profit, did not follow the by-laws and changed the entire thing to a diffrent league. Our by laws went hand and hand with the league we had been in. Can I prevent them from taking all our equipment and uniforms ? isn''t this some type of corp. fraud to just say we aren''t this anymore from today on we will be this ? It is going to cause a splitting of our community.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Hello and thanks so much for writing to me. I will need just a little bit more information before I can respond:

What state are you in?

Have you filed a lawsuit? You probably can, based on the violation of the bylaws, but you'll have to pay an hourly fee to an attorney.

I'll look forward to your response!

BTW, sometimes there can be a delay of many hours before I can get back to you. Be patient; I won't forget you, and I can usually respond within no more than 8 hours.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Merry A. Kogut's Post: I am In Ohio. No we have not filed we did not have teh money to go after them if we didn't have much of a case. I figured we may be able to go after them but was hoping there could be something as minor as a filing I could do to stop them. We service about 80 to 100 kids and operate on a budget of $7 to $8 thousand so the kids can play ball for as little fee as possible. If we have to replace the equipment there trying to take it would be $15k to replace. We ask the area for donations every year but that rear’ly amounts to $1500. This is a poor suburban area mostly shop workers.
Thank you for any advice you can give. Customer
Springfield Suburban Youth Football