rvlaw, Attorney
Experience:  NYC Trial Attorney 30+ years; Law professor ; BUSINESS LAW; CONTRACTS; TORTS; Arbitrator

I have filed a lawsuit against a car dealership in small ...

I have filed a lawsuit against a car dealership in small claims court and they did not show up. An entry of default and final judgement was entered for the amount of $1,528.49 on 4/30/08. SInce I have been trying to collect they have since said that a notice of dismaissal will be filed on this case. I have already imposed a lien on their property (it is a car sealership with real property) and was wondering if I can take the next step of getting with the sheriff department to take vehicles and sell them to pay off my judgement.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

Yes you can, but I suspect that if you do, if they haven't already done so, they will move to stay execution pending the outcome of the application to dismiss.

This is information only, NOT legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been created. Consult an attorney in your state for legal advice regarding your issue.