Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

I am an owner operator of a single axle dump truck. the ...

Customer Question

I am an owner operator of a single axle dump truck. the company i sbcontract for (40 hrs a week) does not pay me with any consistancy.They are always at least 90 days behind. When they do pay its for one or rarely two weeks. Nothing can be said or they won''t contract you for any other hauling. May I add that they do a lot of work for Duke Energy, and they complain that they are late with paying them.I believe the owner pays himsely very high and use all the private truck brokers money to sit in banks and draw personal interest. When checks are made out they are dated and then mailed out some one to two weeks later.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Anne_C replied 8 years ago.

Dear Mr. Smiley:

What state are you in? Do you have a written contract with this company? If so, what does the contract say about payments? Do you want to keep working with this company, or do you want to work for a different company?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ohio, no contract, An honor system is used with the truckers. I do not want to switch jobs. Other than this problem, it's a great place to work. We cannot even bring this problem up or we will be fired.