rvlaw, Attorney
Experience:  NYC Trial Attorney 30+ years; Law professor ; BUSINESS LAW; CONTRACTS; TORTS; Arbitrator

I have an employee that Im suspicious of and I need ...

I have an employee that I''m suspicious of and I need to get a court order to view the last 10 days of his text messages on his company phone. How do I do this?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

You would have to have the basis for a lawsuit for whatever you suspect him of. Then in the context of that suit, you can ask for the data during what we call the "discovery" phase of the case. You can't get an isolated court order.

This is information only, NOT legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been created. Consult an attorney in your state for legal advice regarding your issue.