How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rvlaw Your Own Question
rvlaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 8386
Experience:  NYC Trial Attorney 30+ years; Law professor ; BUSINESS LAW; CONTRACTS; TORTS; Arbitrator
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
rvlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an employee that Im suspicious of and I need ...

Resolved Question:

I have an employee that I''m suspicious of and I need to get a court order to view the last 10 days of his text messages on his company phone. How do I do this?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 9 years ago.


You would have to have the basis for a lawsuit for whatever you suspect him of. Then in the context of that suit, you can ask for the data during what we call the "discovery" phase of the case. You can't get an isolated court order.



This is information only, NOT legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been created. Consult an attorney in your state for legal advice regarding your issue.

rvlaw and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you