Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering
40260889

A. Use the estimates for Company A in Table 1.1 from the

Customer Question

A. Use the estimates for Company A in Table 1.1 from the attached “QAT1 Task 4 Spreadsheet” to do the following:
1. Determine the expected completion time for each of the nine project activities.
a. Include all your answers for part A1 in Table 1.1, showing all of your work for one activity.
2. Determine the variance for each of the nine project activities.
a. Include all your answers for part A2 in Table 1.1, showing all of your work for one activity.
3. Develop a PERT chart showing the network diagram with the activities and their expected times.
a. Identify the critical path.
Note: Any additional numbers (e.g. start and finish times) included in the PERT chart will not be evaluated for correctness.
Note: If you don’t have software to build a PERT chart, use text boxes and lines with arrows in a word processing program or a spreadsheet program.
4. Determine the value of each of the following, showing all of your work or reasoning:
a. expected duration of the entire project, showing all of your work or reasoning.
b. slack for project Activity E, showing all of your work or reasoning.
c. slack for project Activity C, showing all of your work or reasoning.
d. earliest start time for project Activity F, showing all of your work or reasoning.
e. latest finish time for project Activity G, showing all of your work or reasoning.
Note: Work or reasoning must be included along with each response for credit. Referencing a value in the PERT chart is not considered showing work. Please explain how each value was determined.
5. Determine the probability of completing this project in time for the product launch in 48 weeks, showing all of your work.
Note: you may want to use, with appropriate citation, the "Finding Probabilities from Z-Scores." Web link below.B. Use the data for Company B in Table 1.2 from the attached “QAT1 Task 4 Spreadsheet” to do the following:
1. Determine the maximum reduction in time for each of the ten project activities.
a. Include your answers for part B1 in Table 1.2, showing all of your work for one activity.
2. Determine the crash cost per week for each of the ten project activities.
a. Include your answers for part B2 in Table 1.2, showing all of your work for one activity.
C. Use your results from part B (i.e., Table 1.2, given PERT diagram, activities L-U) to do the following:
1. Identify the activities, considering all paths, to be crashed to meet the following criteria:
• completion of the project within 22 weeks
• achievement of the lowest possible cost2. Determine the number of weeks each of the activities identified in part C1 should be crashed.3. Determine the sum of the individual costs of crashing each activity identified in part C1.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the new question. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Please let me know what your deadline is for this. This one is a bit more involved than the previous one.

Thanks,

Ryan

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 month ago.

Hi again,

Here is the data needed to complete the tables in the Excel file:

Pert (Excel)

And the following Word document contains the work needed for the various calculations:

Pert (Word)

Again, please feel free to ask if you have questions about any of this.

Please be sure to rate the service that you received on this question (and the earlier one too) so that I may be credited for my work.

Thanks,

Ryan

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Ryan,
I just got a response back on this assignment. They did not say where but mentioned some "inconsistencies" and sent the attached sheet to work and send back. I noticed the numbers to use on this sheet are different from the previous sheet. Can you please work this one and send back as quickly as possible?
I will make sure to leave a good tip for this one.
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 month ago.

Were you given anything other than just "inconsistencies"?

And they gave you an entirely new problem to do as a result?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They gave no clue as to what was wrong. Just that there were some inconsistencies and that I need to work that sheet instead.
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 month ago.

I wonder if you somehow ended up with the wrong information to start with. Interesting how both files have the same "version" number, but different data.

In any case, I'm just about done with the new one.

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 month ago.

Here are the new solutions:

PERT (Word)

PERT (Excel)

Hopefully this will work out better. Please let me know what happens.

Thanks,

Ryan

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Good Morning Ryan,
All looks good except for one area. Can you please check this: ( A slack time is calculated for Activity C. The calculated time of 4.5 weeks is incorrect). I have attached the report that I got back. Appreciate your help.
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 month ago.

I'll go back and recheck that.

Ryan

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 month ago.

The slack time for Activity C should have been 3.5 weeks.

The path time for path A-C-D-G-H-I is incorrect too. That is why the slack time for Activity C was wrong. The path length is 43.5 instead of 42.5.

Thanks,

Ryan