Donna Kakonge
Donna Kakonge,
Experience:  Owner at Donna Kay Kakonge, MA, ABD
90737608

Operations Mgmt: 1). Three loan officers are currently

Customer Question

Operations Mgmt:
1)
. Three loan officers are currently employed by Victoria Bank at its Katy Branch. Each of these officers currently work eight hours per day. Each officer processes an average of five loans per day. The bank’s payroll cost for the officers is $820 per day, and there is a daily overhead expense of $500.
a. Compute the labor productivity.
b. Compute the multifactor productivity. Use both labor and overhead. With recent trend in increase in loan applicants, the bank is now considering purchase of new computer software for the loan operation. The software will enable each loan officer to process eight loans per day, although the overhead expense will increase to $550.
c. Compute the new labor productivity.
d. Compute the new multifactor productivity.
e. Should the bank proceed with the purchase of the new software? Explain
2)
Read the following passage first. Zara is a fast-fashion company from Spain. Although the Spanish economy has crumbled, Zara is a rare success story. Fashion is highly perishable, quickly influenced by the latest thing seen on the catwalk or on the back of a celebrity. Zara’s designers follow such fashion trends closely, but whereas a typical clothing company manufacturing in Asia could take six to nine months to get a new design into the shops, Zara completes the process in around five weeks. It buys some garments and material from Asia, often partly finished or undyed, but approximately half of its clothing is manufactured in-house at its base in La Coruña in northwest Spain or by a cluster of small contractors in the same area. The clothing is delivered by truck to Europe and by air to the stores Zara is now opening in other parts of the world. Zara avoids mass production. Although some stock is replenished, its clothing, for both men and women, is deliberately made in small batches, which helps create a scarcity value: buy now in case it is gone tomorrow. It also keeps shops looking fresh and reduces markdowns. At Zara, the number of items that end up in a sale is about half the industry average.
a. Operation strategy needs to be aligned with overall business strategy. Discuss how Zara should develop its business and operational strategy. Highlight some important characteristics and issues that Zara should take into consideration when formulating its business strategy and operational strategy. (15 points)
b. Why is it important for Zara to have a proper product-process for manufacturing? Based on the case, identify key characteristics of Zara’s supply chain/ manufacturing process that helps Zara to stay competitive? (10 points)
c. Identify some key supply chain performance measures for Zara. Based on these performance measures, discuss any five approaches that Zara can use to integrate its supply chain that can further help Zara to strengthen its supply chain as well as operational performance. (15 points)
3) Project duration in days with precedence relationship is prepared as following –
Activity Immediate Predecessors Optimistic Most Likely Pessimistic
A None 5 6 7
B A 3 4 5
C A 5 5 7
D B,C 4 5 6
E B 6 7 8
F C 3 4 5
G E,D 4 5 6
H G,F 6 7 8
a)Prepare the network diagram
b) Calculate the estimated time and variance for each of the activities
c. Based on ES, EF, LS, and LF calculate slack
d. What is project duration? Comment on the variance of critical path.
e. What is the probability that project will complete in 24 days?
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  Donna Kakonge replied 7 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I could have this completed for you by Sunday. Would that be OK?

Kindest regards,

Donna Kakonge, BJ, MA, TESOL, LLB, ABD

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I needed this in like next 1.5 hrs. I already did the first one actually. Need help with second and third only. Would you be able to do them?

Dear Customer,

Yes, I should be able to do them. I will work on them right now. I'll be back with you in no more than 1.5 hours.

Kindest regards,

Donna

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok only 2 and 3 pls...and as soon as possible

Dear Customer,

I could not respond to question 3. I do not understand it. The data seems incomplete from my end. I hope that I can receive partial credit for this because it took me away from my other work.

Kindest regards,

Donna

P.S. Question 2 is answered well. I know the Zara Company.

I would like to be rated on question 2 please.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There are no answers. You have sent the questions back

Dear Customer,

The answers to number 2 are under the question. I will highlight them for you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Got it..These are two short...can u add a bit more detail...example- b) promoting individuality in clothing but how?

Dear Customer,

I could have done that, but you opted me out. I cannot do that now. I was working on another assignment.

Expert:  F. Naz replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Do you still need the answer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did not opted anyone out. Can u do question 3?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have 30 mins
Expert:  F. Naz replied 7 months ago.

No, Sorry, thanks. I am opting out so another expert could see.

Dear Customer,

Would you still like me to add more detail to the question. I could still work on it for you.

Kindest regards,

Donna

P.S. I can do that even today.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I guess...the time is over but I can use you for future

Dear Customer,

OK. I look forward to working with you in future.

Kindest regards,

Donna