Exam 500005RR Government, Ethics, and International Business
1. Which of the following acts like internal consultants to management?
A. UnionsB. Internal auditorsC. External auditors
2. Businesses use which of the following to influence government?A. AgentsB. LobbyistsC. EconomistsD. Principals
3. Tonya is the Chief Executive Officer of a technology company. She reports toA. the union.B. shareholders.C. senior management.D. the Board of Directors.
4. Regarding global management models, world-oriented means _______ management.
A. geocentricB. polycentricC. ethnocentricD. sociocentric
5. A coal mining company released significant amounts of smoke into the air. Which governmental bodywill most likely address this violation?
A. Securities Exchange Commission (SEC)B. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)C. Department of Justice (DOJ)D. Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
6. Which governmental agencies are involved in the National Do-Not-Call Registry program?
A. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI)B. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Department of Justice (DOJ)C. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and Federal Communications Commission (FCC)D. Federal Depository Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
7. The Chief Executive Officer of a corporation should possess which of the following?
A. More soft ultimatums and less soft sellB. Less soft skills and more hard changesC. More soft skills and less hard skillsD. Less soft ultimatums and more hard controls
8. Regarding business contracts, which of the following are indirect and special damages that can be paid toan injured claimant, plaintiff, or victim?
A. PunitiveB. ConsequentialC. LiquidatingD. Compensatory
9. A company makes sure it is maximizing sales, minimizing costs, and makes good business decisions togrow the company. From a corporate social responsibility perspective, this is an example of the company's_______ responsibilities.
A. philanthropicB. ethicalC. economicD. legal
10. A multinational company is based in Canada and does business in the United States, Mexico, andJapan. What is the company's home country?
A. JapanB. CanadaC. United StatesD. Mexico
11. A multinational company has one strategy for North America, a different strategy for Europe, and yet adifferent strategy for Asia. This is called a/an _______ strategy.
A. globalB. multi-domesticC. ethnocentricD. transnational
12. A contract says that $10,000, based on a genuine estimate, is to be paid to the injured party in case ofbreach. The $10,000 represents _______ damages.
A. punitiveB. liquidatingC. consequentialD. compensatory
13. If a company doesn't comply with government regulations and is found guilty, it incurs the cost of
A. training.B. planning.C. hiring employees.D. hiring a legal expert.
14. In corporate bankruptcy, a company
A. can renegotiate its stockholdings.B. can continue operating while following a repayment plan.C. must repay its debts before it can continue operations.D. must close its operations.
15. In which of the following cultures is communication used primarily to exchange facts and information?
A. Non-contextB. High-contextC. Medium-contextD. Low-context
16. The first step in a risk management process is risk
A. acceptance.B. mitigation.C. assessment.D. monitoring.
17. When communicating, people in high-context cultures tend to emphasize
A. explicit codes.B. the spoken word.C. the environment surrounding them.D. the written word.
18. Which Act is relevant when a company plans an initial public offering (IPO) for its stock?
A. The Securities Exchange Act of 1934B. Dodd-Frank Act of 2013C. Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002D. The Securities Act of 1933
19. Regarding business contracts, courts might consider which of the following damages in a fraud case thatcan be paid to an injured claimant, plaintiff, or victim?
A. PunitiveB. ConsequentialEnd of examC. CompensatoryD. Liquidating
20. Which of the following requires the most involvement and interactions between home country and hostcountry?
A. Licensing or franchisingB. ExportingC. ImportingD. Foreign direct investment
1. Which of the following is used to calculate the cost-of-living index?A. Balance of payments (BOP)B. Balance of trade (BOT)C. Consumer price index (CPI)D. Producer price index (PPI)2. A country's government is dealing with major, complex, and crosscutting issues such as climate changeand pollution control that involves several agencies to work together and resolve the issues. Which of thefollowing items is more useful than the other three items to resolve such issues?A. Focus groupsB. TeamsC. Task forcesD. Committees3. Which of the following groups is the primary cause for an organization's failure?A. ManagementB. CompetitorsC. CustomersD. Suppliers4. Which of the following is a self-replicating mechanism?A. Worm attacksB. Spamming attacksC. Virus attacksD. Spoofing attacks5. Which of the following eliminates incoming inspection of materials coming from a supplier to a buyer?A. Early involvement of suppliers in product designB. Integrating suppliersC. Supplier certification methodsD. Supplier reduction strategies6. In a manufacturing company, the number of hours it takes to manufacture a car measures organizationalA. innovation.B. effectiveness.C. dynamics.D. efficiency.7. ECC Company has collected the following data on quantity produced, variable costs, fixed costs for itsproduction, and cost analysis.What is the variable cost per unit at 5,000 units of production for the ECC Company?Quantity Produce Total Variable Costs Total Fixed Costs Total Costs0 $0 $10,000 10,0001,000 $4,000 $10,000 $14,0005,000 $20,000 $10,000 $30,00010,000 $40,000 $10,000 $50,000A. $4B. $2C. $3D. $58. The proper roles expected of the board of directors of a corporation include which of the following?A. Custodians, guardians, and stewardsB. Guarantors, guardians, and fiduciariesC. Guardians, protectors, guarantorsD. Officers, custodians, and owners9. When a potential buyer approaches a seller to buy materials from the seller, it's calledA. reverse logistics.B. reverse purchasing.C. forward logistics.D. traditional purchasing.10. Organizational controls affect which of the following?A. Ethics, fraud, costs, audit, and risksB. Fraud and auditC. Ethics and lawsD. Risks and costs11. Safety stock _______ the carrying costs.A. slightly affectsB. decreasesC. does not affectD. increases12. Mary in the accounting department is dealing with many work-related disputes with her manager,Nancy. It has reached to a point where Mary cannot do her job anymore. Where should Mary go to file acomplaint about Nancy?A. MediatorB. ArbitratorC. OmbudspersonD. Conciliator13. When managing in a global environment and in relationship-oriented societies, business leaders shoulddo which of the following?A. Take a strong personal interest in employeesB. Minimize the emphasis on personal relationsC. Feel free to criticize as much as they feel they need toD. Focus only on business results14. What are the internal factors affecting job recruiting?A. Supply of laborB. Demand for laborC. Legal considerationsD. Promotion policies15. Regarding alternate backup sites, low-impact computer systems require which of the following?A. Mobile sitesB. Hot sitesC. Warm sitesD. Cold sites16. The proper roles expected of the Chief Executive Officer of a company include which of the following?A. Leader, mentor, motivator, and communicatorB. Task-oriented, coercive leader, results-driven, and hard sellerC. Communicator, dictator, rank-puller, and hard negotiatorD. Mentor, doubter, motivator, and hard bargainer17. Which of the following focuses on the relationship between employee behavior and organizationalperformance?A. Organizational developmentB. Organizational innovationC. Organizational changeD. Organizational structure18. Just-in-time strategies _______ investment in inventories.A. increaseB. semi-decreaseC. decreaseD. semi-increase19. What are the core functions of business organizations?A. Accounting, finance, human resources, and information technologyB. Marketing, accounting, manufacturing, and human resourcesC. Manufacturing, service, marketing, and salesD. Sales, service, finance, and information technology20. The best way to treat a computer-based customer relationship management system is to consider it asa/an _______ system.A. integratedB. front-endC. back-endD. bridge21. Job performance is affected by motivation andA. leadership.B. strategy.C. training.D. ability.22. Regular payback period is defined as theA. average annual profits divided by initial cash outlay.B. net investment divided by average cash inflows.C. present value of benefits minus present value of costs.D. present value of cash inflows divided by present value of cash outflows.23. A recent regulatory audit of RBI Financial Corporation revealed that the company is in compliance withsix new regulations and noncompliance with three new rules. The RBI legal counsel gathered the followingfinancial data with the cooperation of functional management. All data is in thousands (k).What is the out-of-pocket cost of noncompliance for the RBI Corporation?Cost of planning $5KCost of hiring employees $10KFines and penalties $100KCost of training $6KCost of implementation $20KCourt costs $1KCost of reporting $2KCost of legal fees $15KReputation costs $50KA. $116kB. $121kC. $129kD. $166k24. The Uniform Commercial Code applies toA. real property.B. personal property.C. buildings.D. land.25. The scope of collective bargaining unit includes which of the following?A. Grievances, reprisals, wages, and working conditionsB. Committees, arbitrators, conciliators, and mediatorsC. Consultants, contractors, advisors, and attorneysD. Management, unions, lobbyists, and regulators26. Backward or reverse electronic auction occurs betweenA. one buyer and one seller.B. many buyers and many sellers.C. one seller and many buyers.D. one buyer and many sellers.27. Which of the following represents the correct sequence of tasks in the human resources department?A. Job analysis → Job design → Job specifications → Job descriptionB. Job description → Job analysis → Job design → Job specificationsC. Job design → Job analysis → Job description → Job specificationsD. Job specifications → Job analysis → Job design → Job description28. Which of the following represents the correct sequence of handling physical security threats?A. Deter → Deny → Detect → DelayB. Delay → Deny → Detect → DeterC. Deny → Detect → Deter → DelayD. Detect → Delay → Deny → Deter29. Which of the following represents the correct relationships in the accounting equation?A. Assets equal liabilities plus owners' equityB. Assets plus owners' equity equal liabilitiesC. Assets plus liabilities equal owners' equityD. Assets equal liabilities minus owners' equity30. A supervisor just completed one of his employee's annual performance review. The supervisor saw agrowth potential for this employee in the company. Which of the following is the next step for thesupervisor to do?A. Identify training and development needsB. Inform his manager about the amount of pay raise that is within the budgetC. Inform the human resources department about the completion of the reviewD. Decide the amount of pay raise to give31. The Securities Act of 1933 focuses on _______ transactions.A. over-the-counterB. primaryC. computer tradingD. secondary32. A retail store sells CDs for $15.00. If the cost per CD is $11.00, what is the store's markup on sellingprice?A. 66%B. 22%C. 73%D. 27%33. Macroeconomics deals with which of the following?A. ProductionB. ProfitsC. IncomeD. Inflation34. Which of the following attacks refers to electronic garbage and harassment?A. WormsB. VirusesC. SpoofingD. Spamming35. _______ show the amount of time needed to complete activities as well as the amount of activity thatneeds to be completed within a timeframe.A. Organizational chartsB. Gantt chartsC. Fishbone diagramsD. Process diagrams36. Regarding supplier performance measurement, a supplier's willingness to participate in the minimumpurchase requirement comes under _______ measures.A. cost/priceB. deliveryC. serviceD. quality37. Which of the following types of leaders strives to have no ego?A. Level 5B. VirtualC. ServantD. Interactive38. A company can increase revenues and profits if they focus onA. major customers and average customers.B. loyal customers and average customers.C. average customers and below-average customers.D. loyal customers and major customers.39. Which of the following are both an open-book management practice and an informal communicationmethod?A. Water-fountain meetingsB. Grapevine sessionsC. Management by walking aroundD. Fire-side chats40. Higher-level managers needA. no soft skills and all hard skills.B. more soft skills and less hard skills.C. average soft skills and average hard skills.D. less soft skills and more hard skills.41. Regarding selling methods, traditional salespeople do not spend any time onA. approaching the clients.B. prospecting clients.C. identifying a client's needs.D. presenting the product to a client.42. When management is empowering employees, it means management is giving employeesA. power, authority, delegation, and decision making.B. power, authority, money, and security.C. authority, delegation, status, and promotion.D. money, status, responsibility, and recognition.43. Which of the following inventory turnover rates indicates a high movement in selling of products for acompany?A. 10B. 6C. 4D. 844. A partial cash budget for BRP Corporation is shown below in millions (M).What is the cash shortage or surplus amount for the BRP Corporation?Cash receipts $2MBeginning cash balance $1MMinimum cash balance required $1.75MCash disbursements $3MA. Cash surplus of $1.75MB. Cash shortage of $1.75MC. Cash surplus of $2.0MD. Cash shortage of $2.0M45. The scope of private law includes which of the following?A. Contract law, tort law, and property lawB. Tort law, administrative law, and property lawC. Constitutional law, administrative law, and criminal lawD. Criminal law, contract law, and constitutional law46. Which of the following leaders fosters creativity and growth?A. TransactionalB. ClassicC. TraitD. Transformational47. Marketing management focuses on _______-term results.A. near longB. shortC. intermediateD. long48. Which of the following bases of power refers to a person having and sharing valuable information toothers who need such information?A. ExpertB. RewardC. LegitimateD. Referent49. Which of the following is the most restrictive trade barrier resulting from political actions?A. QuotasB. EmbargoesEnd of examC. BoycottsD. Product standards50. Which of the following can act as a planning and controlling tool?A. BudgetsB. Quality management principlesC. Liquidity ratiosD. Profitability ratios
Hi. I'm PDtax. I saw your request.
There are 70 questions posted. My price to assist is much higher than you posted.
I can't assist for this price. I would ask $175 for all of this.
Other experts can review your request.
That's fine. Thank you!
Are these your exam questions? or practice questions?
They are a mix of both.
Sorry, I cannot help you in your exam questions as that would be counted as cheating, thanks.