linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

Are you comfortable helping me out with a forecasting

Customer Question

Are you comfortable helping me out with a forecasting situation discussion post?
This week provides an overview of many forecasting methodologies.
Your objective in this Discussion is to learn to analyze a specific forecasting situation and identify the best-suited methodology. You will complete three steps.
Step 1: Describe a specific forecasting need in your organization.
Step 2: Use the provided table below to analyze the requirements of the forecasting problem.
Step 3: Identify the best matching forecasting methodology to your situation and describe how it would be executed.
This table lists several questions about the nature of the forecasting situation, such as the urgency, detail required, and costs factors, and provides an overview of how well various forecasting methodologies will fit those requirements. For example, some forecasting methods cost more than others and depending on your financial resources, some of them may not be suitable. The same holds true with the math skills available or the need for high accuracy. So understand what each category is referring to, fill in the information, and follow the table to see which methodology is recommended for your specific case. You are learning how to analyze your situation so as to pick the best approach.
I will add the table and answer formatting as an attachment.
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  Math-Stat replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks for the request, can you post the required table/data in excel?

Expert:  Math-Stat replied 1 year ago.

for a while, I am checking the files now

Expert:  Math-Stat replied 1 year ago.

Did your teacher provide you some table or data? or Are we the one who will create our own data?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We are supposed to create our own data. The forecasting topic is yours to create.

Expert:  Math-Stat replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any data to provide me, or Do you just leave it to me to find any data available?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This Discussion is based on the article, “Manager’s Guide to Forecasting” by David Georgoff and Robert Murdick from Harvard Business Review. Make sure to acquire this article before starting the Discussion.

In Step 2, the analysis will be based on the table shown on pages 4 and 5 of the article. This table lists several questions about the nature of the forecasting situation, such as the urgency, detail required, and costs factors, and provides an overview of how well various forecasting methodologies will fit those requirements.

Expert:  Math-Stat replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a copy of that article?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Math-Stat replied 1 year ago.

Thanks will be back later, will try to read first this 10-page article.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ETA?
Expert:  Math-Stat replied 1 year ago.

May I know when is the deadline for this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tomorrow evening
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I needed this by last night. Is there a chance I can get this now?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Can I possibly get an update?