linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.

Can i see an answer question u answered previously? :

Customer Question

can i see an answer for a question u answered previously?
JA: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.
Customer: Applied Managerial Decision-Making
1 page with in text citation and reference
Due Aug 11,2009
You're in a brainstorming session at WidgeCorp, where no idea is too outrageous. You're discussing penetration in the school lunch market. Ideas around school lunch subsidies, Internet subsidies, and Internet target marketing are being discussed. As the end of the meeting, the group asks you to prove or disprove some assumptions by looking at correlations.
First, acquaint yourself with the Internet subsidy issue by reading the article Closing the Digital Divide
Internet Subsidies in Public Schools
Research by Austan D. Goolsbee and Jonathan Guryan
As Internet use has dramatically increased over the past five years, policymakers have grown concerned about the so-called "digital divide," in which access and understanding of technology would be split across income and racial lines. New research analyzes the impact of an ambitious federal technology program aimed to bridge the digital divide in public schools.
Policymakers and analysts have argued that public schools are a natural place to teach underserved populations about computers and increase access to new technology. As part of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, the government began actively subsidizing Internet and telecommunications access in U.S. classrooms and libraries through a tax on long-distance telephone services.
Starting in 1998 and continuing today, the E-Rate program provides $2.25 billion annually in subsidies to schools and libraries so they can invest in Internet and communications technology. This is especially significant when compared to the combined computer budget in all public schools, which totaled only $3.3 billion in 1999.
In their new study, "The Impact of Internet Subsidies in Public Schools," University of Chicago Graduate School of Business professors Austan D. Goolsbee and Jonathan Guryan provide the first step towards evaluating the effect of the E-Rate subsidy on Internet investment in California public schools.
"The effect of differing access to technology can magnify as people get older, so the subsidy may function as preventive medicine," says Guryan.
Goolsbee and Guryan approached their study with two goals in mind: 1) to understand the extent to which the $2.25 billion subsidy fulfilled its primary goal of increasing Internet usage in schools, particularly those serving disadvantaged students, versus merely subsidizing spending that was already taking place; and 2) addressing the considerable interest in and debate about whether spending on computers and information technology has any impact on student performance.Employing new data on school technology usage in every California public school from 1996 to 2000, as well as application data from the E-Rate program, Goolsbee and Guryan find that the subsidy did succeed in significantly increasing schools' investment in Internet technology. By 2000, there were approximately 66 percent more classrooms in California with Internet connections than there would have been without the subsidy-the equivalent of accelerating Internet investment by about four years.
Despite the noticeable increase in classroom Internet connections, the authors find very little evidence that the program has any impact on student achievement, as measured by test scores in a variety of subjects.
Analyzing the E-Rate
The E-Rate program was designed to give all eligible schools and libraries affordable access to modern telecommunications and information services. The subsidy can be used for spending on all commercially available telecommunications services, Internet access, and internal communications, but not for buying computers for the school. The subsidy rate ranges from 20 to 90 percent depending on the school's share of students that qualify for the national school lunch program.
The federal government subsidizes or gives free school lunches to students whose family income is below a certain level, usuall
Customer: how do i get access to this file...Expert: RopTeam replied 6 years ago.
Here is the info.
thank you,
RopTeam, Bachelors Degree
RopTeam and 6 other Homework Spec
JA: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next business test. Is there anything else the Tutor should be aware of?
Customer: Austan D. Goolsbee is professor of economics at the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business. Jonathan Guryan is assistant professor of economics at the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business.
Variable A
Variable B
Correlation: positive, negative, minimal?Number of school lunch
eligible students in the
school Amount of funding
received by the school for
federal and state
Impact of subsidy received Age of students at school
Number of classrooms
connected to the Internet
Student performance, as
measured by standardized
test scores
Teachers’ comfort level
with the Internet
Ability of teachers to use
Internet effectively with
their students
Based on the findings as reported in this article, prepare a chart similar to the one in the downloaded file to indicate if the correlation between Variables A and B were found to be positive, negative, or minimal. In your own words, explain what it means if the correlation of 2 variables is positive, negative, or minimal (close to 0) and give an example of each.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Tutor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  F. Naz replied 4 months ago.

Please tell what you require exactly?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

I want to know why I was just charged $55 after the $5 I was told it would cost?

Expert:  F. Naz replied 4 months ago.

Please contact customer support for this, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

ok, Ive read this is a one time payment. Here is the entire question:

Company W is testing a sales software. Its sales force of 500 people is divided into four regions: Northeast, Southeast, Central, and West. Each sales person is expected to sell the same amount of products. During the last 3 months, only half of the sales representatives in each region were given the software program to help them manage their contacts. The Northeast using the software sold 165 and the group with no software sold 100, The Southeast with software sold 200 and the group with no software sold 125. The Central groups with software sold 175 and the group with no software sold 125. The West group with software sold 180 and the group with no software sold 130. Using this data calculate the Chi Square statistic.

The VP of Sales at WidgeCorp, who is comfortable with statistics, wants to know the possible null and alternative hypotheses for a nonparametric test on this data using the chi-square distribution. A nonparametric test is used on data that are qualitative or categorical, such as gender, age group, region, and color. It is used when it does not make sense to look at the mean of such variables. (You can refer to the article for this phase for further information.)

Deliverable Length: 500–1,000 words

Expert:  F. Naz replied 4 months ago.

Sorry, I am unable to provide the answer for this question, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Is there someone else who can answer?

Expert:  F. Naz replied 4 months ago.

I am opting out so your question will be listed again on the list, I hope some one will see it, thanks.