Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Master's Degree
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration

I have an equity and trust exam tomorrow, and

Customer Question

I have an equity and trust exam tomorrow, and wanted to know, what is the examiner looking for in terms of these practise questions and how do I approach them, example answer would help for all.
Penny, a wealthy widow, has recently died at the age of 90. During her lifetime she was the founder and CEO of a large company, “BedsLife”. Her will contains the following provisions:
i. To my daughter Betty I leave £100,000, safe in the knowledge that she will use it to look after the family.
ii. I leave half of my portfolio of shares (including my blue chip securities) to Michael and Norman, to hold on trust for my son Chris.
iii. The residue of my estate I leave to my executors, to hold upon trust for such officers and employees, or ex- officers or ex -employees of BedsLife or to the family or relatives of any such persons as they may in their absolute discretion select.
iv. £50,000 was to be held on trust and to be distributed amongst
my nicest brothers. In addition £10,000 to be used to provide my sister with an average income.
Discuss whether a valid trust has been created with reference to relevant case law.
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is UK based law btw
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to or and share the link here with us.If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?