linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

DUE IN EXCEL, SAME LEVEL OF DEPTH AND AT DUE THURSDAY @9PM

Customer Question

1. The postal employee scheduling example is called a static scheduling model because we assume that the post office faces the same situation each week. In reality, demands change over time, workers take vacations in the summer, and so on, so the post office does not face the same situation each week. A dynamic scheduling model (not covered) is necessary for such problems.
2. In the Barney-Jones investment model, increase the maximum amount allowed in any investment to $150,000. Then run a one-way sensitivity analysis to the money market rate in cash. Capture one output variable: the maximum amount of cash ever put in the money market. You can choose any reasonable range for varying the money market rate.
3. A bus company believes that it will need the following numbers of bus drivers during each of the next five years: 60 drivers in year 1; 70 drivers in year 2; 50 drivers in year 3; 65 drivers in year 4; 75 drivers in year 5. At the beginning of each year; the bus company must decide how many drivers to hire or fire. It costs It costs $4000 to hire a driver and $2000 to fire a driver. A driver’s salary is $10,000 per year. At the beginning of year 1, the company has 50 drivers. A driver hired at the beginning of a year can be used to meet the current year’s requirement and is paid full salary for the current year.
a. Determine how to minimize the bus company’s salary, hiring, and firing costs over the next five years.
b. Use SolverTable to determine how the total number hired, total number fired, and total cost change as the unit hiring and firing costs each increase by the same percentage.
4. During each four-hour period, the Smalltown police force requires the following number of on-duty police officers: eight from midnight to 4AM; seven from 4AMto 8AM; six from 8AMto noon; six from noon to 4PM; five from 4PM to 8PM; and four from 8PM to midnight. Each police officer works two consecutive four-hour shifts.
a. Determine how to minimize the number of police officers needed to meet Smalltown’s daily requirements.
b. Use Solvertable to see how the number of police officers changes as the number of officers needed from midnight to 4AM changes.
5. A chemical company produces three products, A,B,and C, and can sell these products in unlimited quantities at the following unit prices: A, $10; B, $55; C,$100. Producing a unit of A requires one hour of labor; a unit of B, two hours of labor plus two units of A; and a unit of C, three hours of labor plus one unit of B. Any A that is used to produce B cannot be sold. Similarly, any B that is used to produce C cannot be sold. A total of 4000 hours of labor is available. Only as many as 500 units of product C can be sold. Determine how to maximize the company’s revenue?
6. Sunblessed Juice Company sells bags of oranges and cartons of orange juice. Sunblessed grades oranges on a scale of 1 (poor) to 10 (excellent). At present, Sunblessed has 100,000 pounds of grade 9 oranges and 120,000 pounds of grade 6 oranges on hands. The average quality of oranges sold in bags must be at least 7, and the average quality of oranges used to produce orange juice must be 8. Each pound of oranges that is used for juice yields a revenue of $1.50 and incurs a variable cost (consisting of labor costs, variable overhead costs, inventory costs, and so on) of $1.05. Each pound of oranges sold in bags yields a revenue of $1.50 and incurs a variable cost of $0.70.
a. Determine how Sunblessed can maximize its profit.
b. Use SolverTable to determine how a change in the cost per bag of oranges changes the optimal solution.
c. Use SolverTable to determine how a change in the amount of grade 9 oranges available affects the optimal solution.
d. Use SolverTable to determine how a change in the required average quality required for juice changes the optimal solution.
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  F. Naz replied 9 months ago.

I am not sure that I will be able to use solver table, but can solve it other way, please confirm, thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
F.Naz - The professor requires we utilize SolverTable and check our Excel spreadsheet to see if we utilize the current functions. Therefore, if cannot utilize SolverTable we may need to forward this to another tutor and ask for their assistance and I will send you another assignment to work on. I just posted an accounting assignment a minute ago - if interested.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please forward to Mr. Glenn - I'll see if he can work on this with SolverTable and accommodate the deadline...
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please repost the question; I attempted and I would have to resubmit payment; however, I have already paid and you are unable to complete the problems and it needs to be transferred to another tutor for completion. Therefore, Please post at your earliest convenience because I cannot repost from my end or transfer to another tutor.DUE IN EXCEL, SAME LEVEL OF DEPTH AND AT DUE THURSDAY @9PM1. The postal employee scheduling example is called a static scheduling model because we assume that the post office faces the same situation each week. In reality, demands change over time, workerstake vacations in the summer, and so on, so the post office does not face the same situation each week. A dynamic scheduling model (not covered) is necessary for such problems.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 9 months ago.

I am not sure the use of solver table, however, it may be done without using solver table as well, please confirm, thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I cannot submit to my Professor without SolverTabler; as a result, please refer to another business tutor. Also, please review other homework submission/question it is incomplete was suppose to utilize M/M/s model and will need you to review and complete or refer to another tutor because the deadline is tomorrow and sample work of what it was suppose to look like was posted in conversation feed...please follow-up
Expert:  F. Naz replied 9 months ago.

Opting out so other expert may help you, take care.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank You...
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Good AM! F. Naz - will you please remove your name from the top of the questions so another tutor will get the question - time is passing and no one has picked the question up yet....
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I still have not received a tutor. Please give me a full refund. I will repost.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please disregard this question and give me a full refund. I have paid the fee and reposted the question for another tutor.Thank you.
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 9 months ago.
Hello, I am a moderator for this topic. There is no need to post duplicate questions, this page is open to all the Experts for this topic and marked high priority. I have sent a message to your requested Expert, Mr. Glenn to reply to you here if he can assist. Thank you for your patience while we search for an Expert to assist you.
Best,
Angela-Moderator
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am new to Just answer. I have already posted the question again and paid again. Therefore, my apologies and simply refund in full.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK...I just don't want for people to skip over me because I placed F. Naz at the top of the page. I see you closed the other question and my card was allegedly not charged. I really need these questions answered.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
SolverTable Add-in: Each version below has a corresponding Help file (a Word file) that you should read before contacting me about problems. Each zip file below contains only two files: the .xla or .xlam add-in file and the Word help file. You should unzip both to the same folder and then read the help file for more instructions.o For Solver that ships with Excel 2016: SolverTable 2016.zip1. This version is basically the same as the 2013 version.o For Solver that ships with Excel 2013: SolverTable 2013.zip, SolverTable.xlam1. This version wasn’t created because SolverTable 2010 wouldn’t work with Excel 2013. Rather, I made some technical changes in the software. Probably the main change is that this version now starts each Solver run from the original solution in the decision variable cells. (In previous versions, it started each Solver run from the previous Solver solution.)2. Modified on 10/5/2015 to open the Help file in a simpler manner (less possibility of an error occurring).o For Solver that ships with Excel 2010: SolverTable 2010.zip1. Modified on 10/5/2015 to open the Help file in a simpler manner (less possibility of an error occurring).2. Modified on 4/26/2012 to fix a problem with long worksheet names. Basically, Excel allows worksheet names to be no longer than 31 characters. SolverTable creates a hidden sheet with its settings, and the name of the sheet is the model sheet name plus the suffix “_STS”. So if the name of your model sheet has from 28 to 31 characters, this would create an error. SolverTable now warns you before the error occurs.3. Modified on 12/5/2011 to fix a potential sheet-naming problem.4. Modified on 11/8/2011 to fix a potential problem where a user mistakenly selects the Simplex LP method on a nonlinear model. The previous code could get into an infinite loop in this case. A similar fix was made (see below) to the 2007 and 2003 versions. However, this 2010 version might not work correctly in 2007 or 2003 because of a subtle code change Frontline Systems made in its 2010 version of Solver.5. Modified on 10/7/2010 to fix a bug that occurred when a user mistakenly ran SolverTable from an STS sheet (not a model sheet)6. Modified on 9/24/2010 to make it compatible with the GRG Nonlinear Multistart option7. Modified on 9/3/2010 to be compatible with 64-bit Office 2010.o For Solver that ships with Excel 2007: SolverTable 2007.zip1. Modified on 4/26/2012 – see point 2 above for the 2010 version2. Modified on 12/5/2011 – see point 3 above for the 2010 version3. Modified on 11/8/2011 – see point 4 above for the 2010 version4. Modified on 10/7/2010 to fix a bug that occurred when a user mistakenly ran SolverTable from an STS sheet (not a model sheet)o For Solver that ships with Excel 2003 (or possibly earlier) and the standard Solver: SolverTable 2003.zip1. Modified on 4/26/2012 – see point 2 above for the 2010 version2. Modified on 12/5/2011 – see point 3 above for the 2010 version3. Modified on 11/8/2011 – see point 4 above for the 2010 version4. Modified on 10/7/2010 to fix a bug that occurred when a user mistakenly ran SolverTable from an STS sheet (not a model sheet)o Troubleshooting the above versions: Because these versions use the standard Solver (not Premium Solver), Solver has to be loaded and the Solver.xla or Solver.xlam file must be in the correct (default) folder. Otherwise, SolverTable will probably not work correctly. In addition, you might have to “wake up” Solver, by opening its dialog box and the closing it, before running SolverTable. (This “waking up” problem should no longer be an issue, starting with Solver for Excel 2010.)o For Excel 2007 and Premium Solver 7.0: SolverTablePremium 7.zip1. Modified on 4/26/2012 – see point 2 above for the 2010 version2. Modified on 10/7/2010 to fix a bug that occurred when a user mistakenly ran SolverTable from an STP sheet (not a model sheet)o An interesting use of SolverTable: One way to use SolverTable is to let the Input cell(s) (for a one-way or two-way table) be the initial value(s) of decision variable cell(s). For a linear model, the only point in doing this would be to check that Solver indeed gets to the optimal solution regardless of the initial values. For a nonlinear model, this could be used to check whether there are local optima that Solver might get to, depending on the initial values it starts from. For example, for problem 7.48 of PMS 3e, which has exactly two decision variable cells, it is easy to show that Solver gets to the global optimum only for some initial values of the decision variable cells. (Thanks to Tom Schriber for this suggestion.)