linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

Question 1 15 pts Consider 20 DS0 circuits that are

Customer Question

Question 1 15 ptsConsider 20 DS0 circuits that are multiplexed onto 3 outgoing circuits. The mean arrival rate at each DS0 circuit is 1 call per hour during the busy hour; calls last, on average, 5 minutes. Assume Poisson arrivals, exponentially distributed call durations, and that customers that attempt a call when all circuits are busy are blocked (ignore call retry).The probability of blocked calls is. (Use 2 digits to the right of the decimal point.)Question 2 5 ptsCustomers arrive at a two-chair shoeshine stand at a rate of 10 customers per hour. The average length of a shoeshine is 5 minutes. There is only one attendant, so that one chair is used as a waiting position. Customers who find both chairs occupied go away. Assume Poisson arrivals and exponential service times.The queuing model that is appropriate here is .Question 3 5 ptsIn question 2, the probability that the waiting chair will be occupied is . (Use two digits to the right of the decimal point.)Question 4 10 ptsIn question 2, the mean number of customers served per hour is . (Use two digits to the right of the decimal point.)Question 5 10 ptsNow, let us modify question 2 by assuming there are 2 attendants at the stand. The mean number of customers serviced per hour is . (Use two digits to the right of the decimal point.)Question 6 10 ptsAn entrepreneur offers services that can be modeled as an s-server Erlang loss (Erlang-B) system. Suppose the arrival rate is 4 customers per hour; the average service time is 1 hour; the entrepreneur earns $ 2.50 for each customer served; and the entrepreneur’s operating cost is $1.00 per server per hour (whether the server is busy or idle).The optimal number of servers, from the entrepreneur's point of view is .Question 7 5 pts
In question 6, if the entrepreneur deploys the optimal number of servers, he/she should expect to make a profit of $ per hour. (Use two digits to the right of the decimal point.)Question 8 10 pts
In question 6, the maximum number of servers beyond which it is unprofitable for the entrepreneur to remain in business is .
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the homework professionals.

The information you have posted does not show the proper formatting needed for the question and it would be beneficial for me to view the original assignment file if that is possible.

You can upload using a file sharing site such as mediafire.com or wikisend.com and share the link here.

Also, be sure to let me know the deadline to get the resource returned to you.

Here are the steps to use wikisend as it is the easiest and does not require an account. We are not able to get things by email (unfortunately)

1. Go to www.wikisend.com
2. Click on the "Browse" Button
3. Find the file on your computer and select it - this will place the link in the box on the site.
4. Click on "Upload File"
5. This will then open a new window.
6. You will see a box that says "Download Link" - Copy and Paste that weblink in the box here for me.

I can then open your file onto my computer.

You can repeat this for each of the files. Place all the link into one reply box here and then I can open any of the documents.

This will ensure I get the materials quickly.

Thanks and I look forward to trying to assist on this question.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer posted the following:
The homework is posted in the university web site. There is just boxes to type the response and a last question is to upload the steps you took to get to answers. To respond to the homework you need to use either a Erlang B (in most case) calculator, excel or the formula. I will upload the homework in word document and give you some steps the teacher gave us to start the home. The assignment is due by 7:00 PM EST today.
Here is the link:
http://wikisend.com/download/498596/Homework3.docx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The homework is actually due by 10:55 EST Time today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Who is working on that homework? I received email that it was done, but I could not see it here or in the email.