F. Naz
F. Naz, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Have completed B.COM and CA Finalist
20040807

Operations management CHAPTER 18 FORECASTING Consider the

Customer Question

Operations management
CHAPTER 18
FORECASTING
Consider the data on new orders for computers and electronic products and the M1 money supply for the years 2011 through 2014.
Using the data for computer and electronic products, develop a two-period MA(2), four-period MA(4), and six-period MA(6) moving average forecasts.
Using the same data, develop a weighted moving average forecast where the weight of the most recent data (t-1) is 0.50, 0.25 for period (t-2), 0.15 for period (t-3), and 0.10 for period (t-4).
Using the same data, develop exponential smoothing forecasts with an alpha (α) of 0.85 and 0.15. Assume the first month forecast is the same as the actual data.
Using the same data, develop a time-series trend forecast using regression analysis.
Using the same data, develop a causal model forecast using the M1 Money Supply data as the independent variable.
Using either MSE or MAD, determine which forecast is best.
Extra Credit - This extra credit is worth an additional 20 points on this assignment. It must be correct. No partial credit will be given.
Develop a time series decomposition forecast for the computer and electronic products. You must first determine the seasonal (monthly indexes) and then divide the data by these indices. Then using the deseasonalized data, determine the trend. Finally, you must re-seasonalize the data.
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Check the file uploaded
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Do you also need to do the extra credit work, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please, thank you
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

What is your deadline, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need this done in 4 hours.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Let me check my resources, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any updates ?
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Please accept the offer so I can provide the answer in next 1 to 2 hours, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's ridiculous. Your a scam.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

You can see that it is quite long and need expertise in the use of excel, therefore I have sent you the price, take care.