linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

You work medium sized privately held electronics firm

Customer Question

You work for a medium sized privately held electronics firm which is considering transitioning to a publically held organization. Your boss found out that you were taking business courses at Argosy University and has asked you to prepare a presentation for upper level management to explain the process by which a privately held company would transition to publicly held company. He has asked you to describe the general accounting processes involved in establishing an initial public offering (IPO), including but not limited to accounting for all assets, liabilities and equities of the firm. Prepare a 15-20 slide professional MS PowerPoint presentation which covers the following:
Identify and explain the top five reasons private companies go public.
Explain information the firm is required to provide to the investor with complete transparency.
Compare and contrast the differences in accounting processes and procedures that medium sized companies such as yours go through when going public.
Discuss any concerns you believe the company should guard against while transitioning from privately held to publicly held (shareholder apprehension, fair market value, etc.) and provide solutions to each concern.
Use the notes section in MS PowerPoint to explain your talking points. Use at least two charts and two additional graphics which support your points. Utilize at least three references (one of which may be your text) in your presentation.
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.

Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.

If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I gave you all the information that I have on this other than it is a Power Point and needs to be 15-20 slides with at least 2 charts

Thanks - I do not have the needed resources for a full new model so opening up for the other professionals.

Someone should be with you shortly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you look at the other question I put in