PDtax
PDtax, Master's Degree
Experience:  MBA/CPA, Former college instructor and tutor.

if you can do this I need it by wednesday Please provide

if you can do this I need it by wednesday

Please provide a 150-300 word response to the following:
Which of the two procurement strategies is most effective for a human service agency? Explain your reasoning.

Please post your 150-300 word response to the following:
Identify the key components of (1) cost reimbursement contracts, (2) performance contracts, (3) capitated contracts. Which, in your opinion, is best suited for a human service organization?

CheckPoint
Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Locate the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance at http://www.cfda.gov/

Click on Select Assistance Type… and choose a particular type by clicking on it. Then click on the Search button.

Choose three types of assistance from the list that benefit the organization profiled in Appendix A the most.

Reference the three programs chosen by including the URL and program title.

Summarize the one type of assistance you feel is most valuable to the organization profiled in Appendix A. Your summary must be 200 to 300 words in length and must address the following categories:

• Program’s objective
• Eligibility requirements
• Type of assistance
• Dollar range
• Average amount of assistance awarded
• How this program is utilized by the organization profiled in Appendix A

Post your answers as a Microsoft® Word attachment.
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  PDtax replied 5 months ago.

PDtax :

Welcome to the site. I'm PDtax, and can help with your paper.

PDtax :

Can you provide appendix A so I can use the list in the paper?

PDtax :

I'll look at everything and advise.

Customer: Did you get a chance to look this over can you still help me
PDtax :

you'll have it tonight. sorry for the delay.

Expert:  PDtax replied 5 months ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  PDtax replied 5 months ago.

https://app.box.com/s/expn5vd30wyxnmk7ox2u is the link to my answer.

Thanks again from JA.

PD

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

it want let me open it.

Expert:  PDtax replied 5 months ago.
Answered previously.
Cost reimbursement contracts (also known as cost-plus contracts) allow for the vendor to receive payment for identifiable and agreed to cost items and an agreed to profit markup above that amount.
Performance contracts include performance measures into an arrangement with a vendor. Agreed-to metrics are used to measure performance, with pay to vendor varying with the resultant score.
A capitated contract is one with a third party guarantor, such as a health insurance company, that pays per enrollee, not for service provided to an eligible/covered patron.
Which is best suited to human service organizations (HSO)? Performance contracts with consultants allow the vendor to share in the success (or participate in the failure) of a program or service offered for the HSO by the vendor (such as substance counseling). This is best for the HSO, since success will be quantifiable and shared, diversifying risk of service. It also supports how the HSO raises some funds. The other two contract types do not allow for sharing risk with the vendor.
CheckPoint

93.165, Grants to States for Loan Repayment Program
93.242, Mental Health Research Grants
93.281, Mental Health Research Career/Scientist Development Awards

• Program’s objective
• Eligibility requirements
• Type of assistance
• Dollar range
• Average amount of assistance awarded
Grants to States for Loan Assistance Repayment Program, may be most valuable to the organization, as it could allow XYZ to attract and retain mental health professionals if Texas participated. The funding would allow for grants to be made to the licensed professionals to reduce their student loan burdens.
The program objective is to increase the availability of primary health care in health professional shortage areas (HPSAs). The question mentions both the program and the need to expand services.
Eligibility requirements include all fifty states, which covers Texas. Beneficiaries include health care professionals, and the question specifically mentions licensed professionals.
The assistance is grant funding to the state to allow for repayment of a health care professional’s government and commercial student loans.
The dollar range of the grants was $76,500 to $1,000,000. Note these are payments to states to be matched and allocated to HPSA applicants.
The average assistance award was $319,000.
States apply for these grant funds. If Texas offers HPSA assistance, the state application would then generate awards to be redistributed to state applicants. XYZ would have to apply for known funds, and likely cite the acceptance of their psychiatric counseling services, and need to attract additional staffing to meet a provable need.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

do not see the answer to this

Expert:  PDtax replied 5 months ago.

Sorry, thought I had provided that previously. The Request for Purchase (RFP) is normally used in the human services organization to procure services that require professional judgment, such as consulting or contracted services. RFP solicitations allow for negotiation of terms and review of various responses, since the scope of service is not as rigid. A vendor can fine tune their scope of service after initial submission of the response to the RFP. The agency can choose providers based on more than just price as a determining factor.

The Invitation for Bids (IFB) is utilized for purchasing a commodity. IFB are specific in scope and specified materials to be used, such as in the case of painting the interior of our building with 1 coat of Kilz latex primer, and 2 coats of Glidden brand Quill White latex eggshell paint. Vendors can quote the project with the specific product and cost estimates for the labor, and the agency can compare apples to apples and purchase based on price with more confidence.

Thanks again from Just Answer.

PDtax, Master's Degree
Experience: MBA/CPA, Former college instructor and tutor.