linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.

FOR LINDA Plan A is an all-common equity structure in which

Plan A is an all-common equity structure in which $2.2 million dollars would be raised by selling 82,000 shares of common stock.

Plan B would involve issuing $1.3 million dollars in long-term bonds with an effective interest rate of 11.5% plus $0.9 million would be raised by selling 41,000 shares of common stock. The debt funds raised under Plan B have no fixed maturity date, in that this amount of financial leverage is considered a permanent part of the firm's capital structure. Tax rate is 34%.

a. Find the EBIT difference level associated with the two financing plans.
b. Prepare a pro forma income statement for the EBIT level in part a. that shows that EPS will be the same regardless whether Plan A or B is chosen.

Thank you for requesting me. I am working in it.