linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.

To finance the purchase, Ranch Manufacturing will sell 10-year

To finance the purchase, Ranch Manufacturing will sell 10-year bonds paying 6.6% per year at the market value of the firm's capital structure as follows:
Bonds $4,400,000
Preferred Stock $2,500,000
Common Stock $5,900,000

To finance the purchase, Ranch Manufacturing will sell 10-year bonds paying 6.6% per year at the market price of $1,054. Preferred stock paying a $1.95 dividend can be sold for $25.76. Common stock for Ranch Manufacturing is currently selling for $54.96 per share and the firm paid a $2.91 dividend last year. Dividends are expected to continue growing at a rate of 4.6% per year into the indefinite future. If the firm's tax rate is 30%, what is their WACC?
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  linda_us replied 8 months ago.

linda_us :

Welcome to the Site.

linda_us :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX X can help you with this quesiton.

linda_us :

I am working on it and will post the solution soon.

linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience: A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
Expert:  linda_us replied 8 months ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  linda_us replied 8 months ago.

Click here for solution

Please rate my solution by clicking smiley face so that I get paid.

Let me know if you need any further help. You can request me in future by writing "FOR LINDA" at start of your post.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Linda,

Thank you for your reply. Can you give me more detail on the bond calculation? I do not have a financial calculator and need to perform this calculation manually.

Thank you.
Expert:  linda_us replied 8 months ago.
I have used the Rate formula in Excel. We can use the Approximate yield formula or long formula (where we equate cash inflows to cash outflows).

Refer this link for Approximate Yield formula

For long formula we will need to solve the following equations

1054 = 66/(1+r) + 66/(1+r)^2 + 66/(1+r)^3 + 66/(1+r)^4 + 66/(1+r)^5 + 66/(1+r)^6 + 66/(1+r)^7 + 66/(1+r)^8 + 66/(1+r)^9 + 66/(1+r)^10 + 1000/(1+r)^1000.

Solving by Approximate formula we give us a approximate result and will not be 100% accurate and solving by long formula is also a tedious process and we might have to try various figure (we still can make mistake or not arrive at correct answer).

I have done this questions atleast 50 time and even a small difference in answer (say .002%) would also be recognized as incorrect answer so the best way to solve is use excel or financial calculator.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Got it. I see you put the formulas in the spreadsheet you provided. Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I have another question that I'd like you to help me learn the process of solving, if you're available.

Expert:  linda_us replied 8 months ago.
I am available and would be happy to help.

You can create a new thread and write "FOR LINDA" at start of your post to request me.