Mark Twain
Mark Twain, MBA
Experience:  I have an MBA in Finance, and have been tutoring business and finance courses for over a year now.
68930079

Statistics Homework

Attachment: 2013-10-23_193238_equal_pay___student_rev_31.xls

Let’s look at some other factors that might influence pay. Complete the problems below and submit your work in an Excel document. Be sure to show all of your work and clearly label all calculations. All statistical calculations will use the Employee Salary Data Set. Is the probability of having a graduate degree independent of the grade the employee is in? Construct a 95% confidence interval on the mean service for each gender. Do they intersect? Are males and females distributed across grades in a similar pattern? Do 95% confidence intervals on the mean length of service for each gender intersect? How do you interpret these results in light of our equity question?

When do you need this? I can get it done within 24hrs if that's okay?

-M

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

By tomorrow is fine. Thanks

Ok, I'll post the solution as soon as I'm done with it.

-M

I've been working on this, but I need some additional information / clarification on a few items:

1) Do you have the original problem description? It appears some responses need to be based on some information presented in the original case description, namely how do you interpret these results in light of our equity question?

2) The following two questions appear to be asking the same thing, unless "mean service" refers to something other than "mean length of service" for each gender?

i. Construct a 95% confidence interval on the mean service for each gender. Do they intersect? ii. Do 95% confidence intervals on the mean length of service for each gender intersect?

3. What textbook are you using for this course?

4. Please advice on your deadline when you provide the additional information requested.

-M

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The first one (Question 2) should say mean salary. Equity question from pervious was unequal. You can skip that part because I didn't do that homework from previous week. The text book is Tanner, D. E., & Youssef–Morgan, C. M. (2013). Statistics for Managers. San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education, Inc.

Ok, thanks for that information. I will finish this today and let you know when I'm done.

-M

Here's a link to the answers:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6h48l99oqk0q59q/Week%204_Equal_pay.xls

Let me know if you have any questions.

-M

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are satisfied with my work, please leave me a positive rating as that is the only way I will get paid for my effort. If you are extremely satisfied with my work, a bonus will encourage me to keep up the good work :).