R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  Business Homework Expert
20870358

Ashford 4: - Week 3 - AssignmentProblem Set Week ThreeComplete

Customer Question

Ashford 4: - Week 3 - Assignment

Problem Set Week Three

Complete the problems below and submit your work in an Excel document. Be sure to show all of your work and clearly label all calculations. All statistical calculations will use the Employee Salary Data Set.

Is the average salary the same for each of the grade levels? (Assume equal variance, and use the Analysis ToolPak function ANOVA.) Set up the data input table/range to use as follows: Put all of the salary values for each grade under the appropriate grade label.

A B C D E F

The factorial ANOVA with only two variables can be done with the Analysis ToolPak function two-way ANOVA with replication. Set up a data input table like the following:

Grade Grade Grade Grade Grade Grade
Gender A B C D E F
M

F

For each empty cell, randomly pick a male or female salary from each grade. Interpret the results. Are the average salaries for each gender (listed as sample) equal? Are the average salaries for each grade (listed as column) equal?

Repeat question 2 for the compa values.

Grade Grade Grade Grade Grade Grade
Gender A B C D E F
M

F

Pick any other variable you are interested in and do a simple two-way ANOVA without replication. Why did you pick this variable, and what do the results show?

What are your conclusions about salary equity now?
Ashford 4: - Week 3 - Assignment

Final Paper Outline

Post an outline of your final paper by day 7. This outline should show the topic and basic structure of the paper. References are not needed at this point.

Ashford 6: - Week 5 - Final Paper

Final Paper

Identify an issue in your life (work place, home, social organization, etc.) where a statistical analysis could be used to help make a managerial decision. Develop a sampling plan, an appropriate set of hypotheses, and an inferential statistical procedure to test them. You do not need to collect any data on this issue, but you will discuss what a significant statistical test would mean and how you would relate this result to the real-world issue you identified. Your paper should be three to five pages in length (excluding the cover and reference pages). In addition to the text, utilize at least three sources to to support your points. No abstract is required. Use the following research plan format to structure the paper:

Step 1: Identification of the problem
Describe what is known about the situation, why it is a concern, and what we do not know.

Step 2: Research Question
What exactly do we want our study to find out? This should not be phrased as a yes/no question.

Step 3: Data collection
What data is needed to answer the question, how will we collect it, and how will we decide how much we need?

Step 4: Data Analysis
Describe how you would analyze the data. Provide at least one hypothesis test (null and alternate) and an associated statistical test.

Step 5: Results and Conclusions
Describe how you would interpret the results. For example, what would you recommend if your null hypothesis was rejected and what would you do if the null was not rejected?

A quick example: Concern if gender is impacting employee’s pay. H0: Gender is not related to pay. H1: Gender is related to pay. Approach: Multiple regression equation to see if gender impacts pay after considering the legal factors of grade, appraisal, education, etc. If regression coefficient for gender is significant, will need to create residual list to see which employees show excessive variation from predicted salaries when gender is not considered.
Writing the Final Paper

The Final Paper
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for asking. Please don't forget to add 'For RRJha' at the start of question to ensure I receive it. I'll work over it and get back to you by tomorrow. I hope you'd add the same extra amount you did last time.

Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

'For RRJha : Do you have an update on these 2 assignments my friend. Now i have 2 assignments due by tomorrow. only the final paper outline and the Problem Set Week Three. the final paper will be due in 3 weeks

Ashford 4: - Week 3 - Assignment

Problem Set Week Three

1. Is the average salary the same for each of the grade levels? (Assume equal variance, and use the Analysis ToolPak function ANOVA.) Set up the data input table/range to use as follows: Put all of the salary values for each grade under the appropriate grade label.

A

B

C

D

E

F

1. The factorial ANOVA with only two variables can be done with the Analysis ToolPak function two-way ANOVA with replication. Set up a data input table like the following:

Grade

Grade

Grade

Grade

Grade

Grade

Gender

A

B

C

D

E

F

M

F

1. For each empty cell, randomly pick a male or female salary from each grade. Interpret the results. Are the average salaries for each gender (listed as sample) equal? Are the average salaries for each grade (listed as column) equal?

2. Repeat question 2 for the compa values.

Grade

Grade

Grade

Grade

Grade

Grade

Gender

A

B

C

D

E

F

M

F

1. Pick any other variable you are interested in and do a simple two-way ANOVA without replication. Why did you pick this variable, and what do the results show?

2. What are your conclusions about salary equity now?

Ashford 4: - Week 3 - Assignment

Final Paper Outline

Ashford 6: - Week 5 - Final Paper

Final Paper

Step 1: Identification of the problem

Step 2: Research Question

Step 3: Data collection

Step 4: Data Analysis

Step 5: Results and Conclusions

Writing the Final Paper

The Final Paper:

1. Must be three to- five double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.

2. Must include a title page with the following:

1. Title of paper

2. Student’s name

3. Course name and number

4. Instructor’s name

5. Date submitted

3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.

4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.

5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.

6. Must use at least three scholarly sources, in addition to the text.

7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.

8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.

I'll post solution to Week 3 problem set in about an hour. Please create a new question for the Final Paper.

Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok

Please download file below

https://app.box.com/s/sx3kxrb9vgxzfh8socfe

Please leave a rating and thanks in advance for the bonus.

Regards
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: Business Homework Expert
Just checking if you could retrieve the answer.

Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

'For RRJha' hello my friend are you there

Yes, let me know what I could help with.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I need the final paper outline only it was due likev2 days ago

My apologies, writing isn't my forte and I'm not very comfortable preparing long papers. But I can certainly send few sentences on outline of the steps. I'll have it ready for you within a couple of hours.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Ok