Bizhelp
Bizhelp, Accountant
Experience:  BA degree and Certified Public Accountant
23848519

to BIZHELP 1) On March 1, 2010, Ruiz Corporation

to BIZHELP 1) On March 1, 2010, Ruiz Corporation issued $800,000 of 8% nonconvertible bonds at 104, which are due on February 28, 2030. In addition, each $1,000 bond was issued with 25 detachable stock warrants, each of which entitled the bondholder to purchase for $50 one share of Ruiz common stock, par value $25. The bonds without the warrants would normally sell at 95. On March 1, 2010, the fair market value of Ruiz's common stock was $40 per share and the fair market value of the warrants was $2.00. What amount should Ruiz record on March 1, 2010 as paid-in capital from stock warrants? I know that the correct answer to this problem is $41,600 In order to follow up on this question, I am trying to figure out what would be the correct complete journal entry for the answer to this question (Paid-In-Capital for question #1. Can you also provide an explanation of how you arrived at this correct answer for the Journal Entry? 2) On January 1, 2010, Korsak, Inc. established a stock appreciation rights plan for its executives. It entitled them to receive cash at any time during the next 4 years for the difference between the market price of its common stock and a pre-established price of $20 on 60,000 SARs. Current market prices of the stock are as follows: January 1, 2010 $35 per share December 31, 2010 38 per share December 31, 2011 30 per share December 31, 2012 33 per share Compensation expense relating to the plan is to be recorded over a 4-year period beginning January 1, 2010. What amount of compensation expense should Korsak recognize for the year ended December 31, 2011? I already know that the correct compensation expense for this problem is $30,000. Can you provide me with this correct journal entry for the compensation expense and the other credit entry that should accompany it? Please include any other additional journal entries that are necessary with this journal entry along with a brief explanation of how you arrived at this answer. Thank you.

Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for requesting me.

What is your deadline for this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My deadline is in 3 hours.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you need more time to research this question. I would prefer 3 hours but I can wait 24-48 hours if necessary. Please let me know about how much time you would need.

Expert:  Bizhelp replied 1 year ago.

No problem. I was able to complete the journal entries.

Please click here to download the solutions.

Hope this helps!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your very prompt reply. I will be putting your commentary & answers to good use shortly. These journal entries will help me better visualize how the calculations should be done. If there are any additional concerns, I will not hesitate to contact you. Thanks again.

Expert:  Bizhelp replied 1 year ago.

I'm glad I was able to help. Please remember to rate my service when you have the time. Otherwise, I do not receive credit for my work. Thanks and have a great day!
Bizhelp, Accountant
Experience: BA degree and Certified Public Accountant