R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  Business Homework Expert
20870358

Ashford 4: - Week 3 - Discussion 1 Your initial discussion

Ashford 4: - Week 3 - Discussion 1

Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Reference the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.

ANOVA

In many ways, comparing multiple sample means is simply an extension of what we covered last week. What situations exist where a multiple (more than two) group comparison would be appropriate? (Note: Situations could relate to your work, home life, social groups, etc.). Create a null and alternate hypothesis for one of these issues. What would the results tell you?

Guided Response: Review several of your classmates’ posts. Respond to at least two classmates by commenting on why you agree or disagree with the statistical test that your peers have described as appropriate in this scenario.
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Welcome back!

I'm RRJha and I'd be glad to help with your question. I'll prepare a response on the topic and get back to you by tomorrow.

Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK ILL BE WAITING

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Alright
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello my friend what time will the answer be ready

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.

I'll send it within an hour.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Please download file below

https://app.box.com/s/abxb3tp6a5vgmp70w3di

Please leave a rating.

Let me know if you need help with other questions in this course or any other. Just add 'For RRJha' at the start of your question and I'll get back to you.

Thanks
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: Business Homework Expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

FOR RRJHA : That was awesome. I have another question if you can complete tonight or in the morning.just please make sure all work is shown

Ashford 3: - Week 2 - Assignment

Problem Set Week Two

Complete the problems below and submit your work in an Excel document. Be sure to show all of your work and clearly label all calculations. All statistical calculations will use the Employee Salary Data Set.

Problems

1. Is either that male or female salary equal to the overall mean salary? (Two hypotheses, one-sample tests needed.)

2. Are male and female average salaries statistically equal to each other?

3. Are the male and female compa average measures equal to each other?

4. If the salary and compa mean tests in questions 2 and 3 provide different equality results, which would be more appropriate to use in answering the question about salary equity? Why?

5. What other information would you like to know to answer the question about salary equity between the genders? Why?

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.

I'd be glad to help with this as well. Base price is same as last time, but this would be a bit time taking. So let me know if you could add $20 extra. You may add it as bonus after rating the answer I'll send. I'll show the work and get back to you by tomorrow.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no problem that ll be perfect. I have 2 more problems after this 1

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok, we'll move on to next after we're done with last one.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
I'm having trouble accessing the data set. Could you please upload the dataset at wikisend.com and post file download link here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://wikisend.com/download/399796/Copy of Equal_Pay___Student_Rev_3.xls

i uploaded it @ wikisend.com also

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Please download answer below

https://app.box.com/s/icika40ieweozplwjvmv

Please leave a rating. Then you can use add bonus option to add $20.

Let me know if you need any further help. Just add 'For RRJha' at the start of question to send it to me.

Thanks
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: Business Homework Expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

'For RRJha thanks that was great. Now i have 2 assignments due by tomorrow. only the final paper outline and the Problem Set Week Three. the final paper will be due in 3 weeks

Ashford 4: - Week 3 - Assignment

Problem Set Week Three

1. Is the average salary the same for each of the grade levels? (Assume equal variance, and use the Analysis ToolPak function ANOVA.) Set up the data input table/range to use as follows: Put all of the salary values for each grade under the appropriate grade label.

A B C D E F

2. The factorial ANOVA with only two variables can be done with the Analysis ToolPak function two-way ANOVA with replication. Set up a data input table like the following:

GradeGradeGradeGradeGradeGrade
    GenderABCDEF
    M
    F

For each empty cell, randomly pick a male or female salary from each grade. Interpret the results. Are the average salaries for each gender (listed as sample) equal? Are the average salaries for each grade (listed as column) equal?

3. Repeat question 2 for the compa values.

GradeGradeGradeGradeGradeGrade
    GenderABCDEF
    M
    F

4. Pick any other variable you are interested in and do a simple two-way ANOVA without replication. Why did you pick this variable, and what do the results show?

5. What are your conclusions about salary equity now?

Ashford 4: - Week 3 - Assignment

Final Paper Outline

Post an outline of your final paper by day 7. This outline should show the topic and basic structure of the paper. References are not needed at this point.

Ashford 6: - Week 5 - Final Paper

Final Paper

Identify an issue in your life (work place, home, social organization, etc.) where a statistical analysis could be used to help make a managerial decision. Develop a sampling plan, an appropriate set of hypotheses, and an inferential statistical procedure to test them. You do not need to collect any data on this issue, but you will discuss what a significant statistical test would mean and how you would relate this result to the real-world issue you identified. Your paper should be three to five pages in length (excluding the cover and reference pages). In addition to the text, utilize at least three sources to to support your points. No abstract is required. Use the following research plan format to structure the paper:

Step 1: Identification of the problem
Describe what is known about the situation, why it is a concern, and what we do not know.

Step 2: Research Question
What exactly do we want our study to find out? This should not be phrased as a yes/no question.

Step 3: Data collection
What data is needed to answer the question, how will we collect it, and how will we decide how much we need?

Step 4: Data Analysis
Describe how you would analyze the data. Provide at least one hypothesis test (null and alternate) and an associated statistical test.

Step 5: Results and Conclusions
Describe how you would interpret the results. For example, what would you recommend if your null hypothesis was rejected and what would you do if the null was not rejected?

A quick example: Concern if gender is impacting employee’s pay. H0: Gender is not related to pay. H1: Gender is related to pay. Approach: Multiple regression equation to see if gender impacts pay after considering the legal factors of grade, appraisal, education, etc. If regression coefficient for gender is significant, will need to create residual list to see which employees show excessive variation from predicted salaries when gender is not considered.

Writing the Final Paper

The Final Paper:

1. Must be three to- five double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.

2. Must include a title page with the following:

1. Title of paper

2. Student’s name

3. Course name and number

4. Instructor’s name

5. Date submitted

3. Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.

4. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.

5. Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.

6. Must use at least three scholarly sources, in addition to the text.

7. Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.

8. Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello are you there my friend