F. Naz
F. Naz, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Have completed B.COM and CA Finalist

FInance HW

Customer Question

Calculate the Beta for the firm you selected at the beginning of the course. Utilize the last three years of weekly returns to calculate your firm Beta, the weekly S&P 500 historical prices as the market return and the weekly 3 month T-Bill rate, adjust the T-Bill rate by a 5200 denominator. Compare this beta with the Beta value given in Yahoo! Finance and comment on the similarities or differences and why they differ, if that is the case. Calculate the WACC for the firm you selected at the beginning of the course. Calculate the capital weights using the values from your firm’s balance sheet and utilize the Yahoo! Finance Beta as the regression Beta. is a useful source for bond yields. Utilize either method highlighted in class.

My first company is Conoco Phillips and then the second company is Facebook I need to do both questions for each company.

they need to be done in Excel 

Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  F. Naz replied 3 years ago.
As the question is for two companies and its requires research and they are techncial, therefore the fair price for whole assignment is $95, thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How about $75.00

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We will see how good the quality of the assignment is. If it is in an excel spreadsheet properly labeled and no errors and done before Saturday Night the $95.00 is yours.

Expert:  F. Naz replied 3 years ago.
How many hours are remaining in Saturday night thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I went back through the problem the writer forgot the. Weekly t-bill rate as well as added didn't label part of the WACC problem correctly which made it impossible to determine why and how the answer worked the way it worked . The writer also didn't compare the Beta problem company information excess return to that of the S&P excess return returns which meant the. Beta would automatically be wrong.

Expert:  F. Naz replied 3 years ago.
Yu can see tht the weekly t bill rate has been taken as .006% and multiplied by 52 to arrive at 3.12% as risk free rate of return which has been used to determine the required rate of return under CAPM, all calculations are shown when you will click on the respective figure and also look at the link provided against the figure, thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tha t makes more sense. Unfortunately the assignment was due yesterday and I only received a 40 percent on it because of labeling and that the weekly t-bill rate for the previous 3 years wasn't shown on there

Expert:  F. Naz replied 3 years ago.
You can see that the t bill rate for 3 years were not required in the assignment, I could not understand that how you got 40% only for one information while it was not asked and other things are correct, thanks.