1) Jake filed suit under TitleVII against his employer, Jim’s place which had 50 employees Jake proved his claim under Title Vii. Jake further proved that the discrimination was intentional and with malice to his rights. Jake is asking for $1.5 million in damages. Is Jake eligible to receive that amount of damages? Why or Why not
2) Teresa was on the board of directors for Big Times Corporation. Teresa rarely attended board meetings, and when she did attend usually intoxicated. Teresa decided how to vote by flipping a coin into the air. Teresa voted to make some personal changes that turned out to be devasting for the Company. Shareholders brought suit against Teresa and the rest of the board. May Teresa be protected by the business judgement rule? Why or Why not?
3) Lloyd borrows money from Collin. In exchange for the loan, Lloyd offers Collins a security interest in his boat. The next day, Lloyd offers Matilda a security interest in the same boat in exchange for a loan. Neither Collin nor Matilda properly perfects the security interest. Lloyd defaults on both loans. Matilda begins attachment proceedings and property attaches the boat. Who will receive the boat? Why?
4) Pierre loaned his sister Patti $2,500 so that she could start a gymnastics coaching business. Pierre told Patti to pay him back whenever she could, with no interest. Patti wrote out an IOU to Pierre evidencing the loan. Does Pierre own a security in this instance? Why or Why not?
5) Carla sells Chad a stereo system and accepts a promissory note from Chad as payment. The note is due in six months and contains an agreement to pay Carla $2,500 at maturity. Carla, knowing that the stereo system is a piece of junk and that Chad will refuse to pay, sells the note to Earl for $10. May Earl be a holder in due course> Why or Why not?
6) Helen is an attorney. Helen is opening her own law firm and is trying to decide what type of business entity she should form. She is unsure if she will have another attorney going in with her or whether she will be opening an office alone. Discuss what type of business entity you think would be best for Helen’s law firm and why? Specifically, discuss the benefits and disadvantages for Helen that a partnership could offer.
I had 30 questions just need these 6 answered thanks