PDtax
PDtax, Master's Degree
Experience:  MBA/CPA, Former college instructor and tutor.
64119565

Begin working on your Portfolio Project by researching and

Begin working on your Portfolio Project by researching and selecting an article for your analysis. Appropriate articles are those that:
• Are no older than six months old
• Contain at least three general economic principles
• Contain at least three to five macroeconomic indices.
Submit an outline that provides information on your article and the three general economic principles and the three to five macroeconomic indices you will be discussing in your Project.

Due Sunday.
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please send to PDtax. This question was intended for him but he has been unable to access it. Thanks!

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when he is back online.

If you request a specific professional it can help us to more quickly contact the professional if his or her name is XXXXX XXXXX the beginning of a question. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. PDtax. I answered this question in another thread.
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
Oops, this is the correct question to respond to. Sorry about that.

Will work on this Sunday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!! I will rate the other in the morning and pay the bonus promised! Have a wonderful weekend!

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
was wondering if you had questions about the other project previously submitted. please advise, then I can finalize this answer.

PDtax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No questions at all. I was away yesterday and couldn't respond to it. It is perfect. Thank you!

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Are no older than six months old

Contain at least three general economic principles

Contain at least three to five macroeconomic indeces.

Submit an outline that provides information on your article and the three general economic principles and the three to five macroeconomic indeces you will be discussing in your Project.

Article: “Maybe the government shutdown won’t clobber the economy, after all”, by Neil Irwin, published in the October 6, 2013 editions of the Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/10/06/maybe-the-government-shutdown-wont-clobber-the-economy-after-all/) provides alternative insight into the current government shutdown. The author poses the thought that with some of the felt effects minimized, and larger economic issues looming shortly (the next extension of the Federal debt ceiling limitation, which for decades was just a formality).

Economic principles:

Inflation (not much impact implied by the author)
Tread-offs (citizens will likely delay their requests for service as possible, and consumption will likely be temporarily restricted)
Incentives (government payouts are delayed, not eliminated. citizens, accustomed to these delays now, will wait until services resume, if they can wait).

Macroeconomic indeces:

GDP (gross domestic product)
CPI (consumer price index)
JCR (jobless claims report)

A review of the content of each index shows government spending and manipulation are components of all three. The paper will introduce the concept that these figures are being used to manipulate the truth about this economy, and that current economic conditions are much worse than acknowledged.

Thanks again from Just Answer. I'm PDtax.
PDtax, Master's Degree
Experience: MBA/CPA, Former college instructor and tutor.