PDtax
PDtax, Master's Degree
Experience:  MBA/CPA, Former college instructor and tutor.
64119565

The government uses policies like student loans and free trade

The government uses policies like student loans and free trade to influence the economy’s growth rate. In(NNN) NNN-NNNNwords, identify at least four policies from the textbook that the government has created to impact economic growth and productivity. In your paper, please also evaluate whether each item has enhanced or diminished your quality of life, and make any appropriate recommendations that might improve the policies. Policies mentioned are Saving and Investment, Investment from Abroad, Education, Property Rights and Political Stability, Free Trade, Population Growth, Research and Development...Any 4 are fine.

Due Thursday.

PDtax :

Welcome to the site. I'm PDtax, and thanks for asking for me.

PDtax :

I'll try to do this for you later today.

Customer:

Sounds good. I have 2 more assignments that I want your help with. One is due this Sunday the other is due next Sunday. Here are the details for the one due this week that is for next week. I don't know what kind of article would be best to use nor where the best place to find one is.

Customer:

Begin working on your Portfolio Project by researching and selecting an article for your analysis. Appropriate articles are those that:

• Are no older than six months old

• Contain at least three general economic principles

• Contain at least three to five macroeconomic indices.

Submit an outline that provides information on your article and the three general economic principles and the three to five macroeconomic indices you will be discussing in your Project.

Customer:

Here are the details for the one due next week. Which I will request all this the right way so you get paid of course, I just wanted to get your blessing that you have time and all that first.

For the Portfolio Project, students will conduct an analysis of a recent article and provide their evaluation and outcome expectations in a written paper of 1500-2500 words that discusses:

• A minimum of three general economic principles related to the article

• Identification of three to five macroeconomic indices

• Definition and explanation of the indices e.g., GDP, CPI, and other economic calculations

• Definition and explanation of the indices

• Discussion about what the specific indices mean in relationship to the overall article and how they impact each other

Appropriate evaluation, decisions and forecasts that could be made from the information.

PDtax :

Ok. please post this to another question thread so I can keep the essays and deadlines separate. PDtax

Customer:

Will do. Thank you!

I will work on the essay after lunch.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi PDtax,

I was wondering how this was coming along. I will be uploading week 6 today and week 8 today. Thanks again for all your help!

It is generally acknowledged that an educated citizenry will be self-sufficient, able to pay for itself and contribute toward the costs of those less able. Educated citizens live longer and better, earn more, pay taxes, and do not draw on the government ‘safety net’ of services. Support of education, in grants/loan support for collegiate and quasi-collegiate training, turns students into taxpayers. Direct support, such as government loan programs and loan guarantees, scholarships and other financial aid, make getting an education possible for most. My quality of life has been enhanced tremendously by my education. It is the best investment in time and resources I will ever make. An educated populace will be better able to compete in a global marketplace with skills and training that few in the world can enjoy.
This government has done precious little to support personal saving and investment. It is a debtor nation, and has recently supported pushing interest rates to their lowest levels in decades. Such policy discourages saving and instead encourages borrowing. Retirement saving is equally not encouraged. IRA and 401(k) replacements for traditional retirement plans were instituted to ease the burden of employers, and shift the responsibility for retirement saving to employees. The statistics for people participating in retirement saving are appalling. This government must find ways to make retirement saving more attractive, or they run the risk of having a nation of retired poor. One way to judge the quality of a government is to see how the old are treated, and this country fails miserably.
Free trade has long been a rallying cry for US government and its business allies, but the idea of openly doing business will both improve and diminish my quality of life. Free trade at first means trade without tariffs or protectionist actions, but opening borders for goods also opens it up for produced goods and the cost of labor/jobs that go along. Sweaters made in Mexico for low cost and imported here will eventually mean that US wages for sweater factory jobs will have to decline to meet those of their world competitors. While I can enjoy a low cost for the sweater, if I want to go home after school and work in management of the sweater plant I may have much bigger issues to consider. US labor unions have been adjusting to lower world wages for years now. While the impact may be indirect, it may be surprisingly profound.
This country has openly encouraged investment from abroad. As a net debtor, this government needs investment capital loaned to it to continue its operations, since they don’t dare ask their citizens for all the money needed to pay for their enormous budget. Such foreign investment is encouraged, both in purchase of US government debt and hard assets, such as real estate. This is another area that can be both good and bad for me. Having the funds to continue offering subsidized student loans and grants, those are very good for me. Having isolated foreign purchases of real estate, such as manufacturing plants and gold courses, does not affect me. What may affect me soon, is when those purchases have some market buying power, such as the volume of US debt purchased by the Chinese. I suspect the Chinese no longer want to buy US debt in such volumes, and are likely pursuing finding another buyer for that vast amount of debt (the US Federal Reserve is rumored to be the next buyer). Having that kind of leverage could force interest rates up as a return to placate the Chinese, making my borrowing more expensive. If another lender, such as the US Federal Reserve, is required, It is also a likely harbinger of the eventual collapse of this economy. The US government would lend itself money it prints to pay its bills, and such a condition (fiat currency) will eventually lead to people realizing the currency is worth less than its stated value. This will affect me, and every other citizen.

Thanks again from Just Answer. I'm PDtax.